I've been so blessed to have been a part of Bethlehem Church as a whole... but one of my favorite things is that I get to serve on the worship team! With some incredible people! Singers, members of the band, lighting/tech crew, sound crew, and of course our fabulous leader, Joel Goddard! We are BLESSED with some serious amounts of talent!
At the end of August, Joel set us all up to go to the Influencers Conference put on by Influencers church based out of Australia. Jesus Culture led worship for the weekend so you know there was great music :-)
The conference was Thursday-Saturday. I knew ahead of time that I wouldnt be able to go to Friday evening or Saturday morning but planned to go to Thursday evening and Friday morning!
I met up with the crew (went from work) Thursday night! And got to sit next to these lovely ladies!
As it turned out, Mack ended up getting sick. I was literally ON MY WAY to the conference Friday morning while my mom kept the kids when the Dr's office returned my call telling me that their only opening that day was in 20 minutes! So I turned around immediately and grabbed mack and headed to the Dr and called Joel on my way to let him know...
I was sad to have missed out on Friday, but as it turned out, my baby boy had bronchitis and an ear infection. And I was very glad I took him as we were heading out of town to go to the mountain house for Labor Day Weekend!
But really, time spent OUTSIDE of church is probably the best way to really get to know the people you serve with! This was no different! I had so much fun getting to hang out with Julie and Kimberly! And soaking up some Jesus Culture wasnt that bad, either ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment