Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kid Pics and Date Night

So apparently I missed about 100 pics on my cell phone that I had not yet downloaded onto my PC for your blogging pleasure ;-). So I"m correcting that tonight!

Towards the end of September, while Mack was still sick and teething and generally pitiful, I asked the kiddies if I could get a couple of pics (just on my cell) in our neighbors yard. Any excuse for then to climb on the rock, they go for! So out we went, mostly to play, in hopes of catching a cute one here or there!


We are working on keeping our legs DOWN like a lady and not letting panties show to the world :-)

This cracked me up because Rhyan said "Mack, give me a kiss so mommy can get a picture". LOL!
Its pretty clear who instigated it and who tolerated it ;-)
My sick little man put on a good couple of grins for me!

And then they wanted to take a pic of them both kissing me! With the ladybug head band on. Of course!

We were playing downstairs for a few minutes before we headed to the park for lunch and Mack wanted to hang on his daddy's workout equipment. I would let him hang but keep my hands on him but that made him mad. He wanted to do it "All by myself!". So i let him. And he SCREAMED! Hilarious! (i know, bad mommy, right!? he was less than a foot off the ground but it was pretty funny)
We packed up our lunch and went to a "new park"... Dacula rec. fields has a playground that we've never been to! So I just thought it'd be a new fun place to hang out!

Rhyan actually ran into another little girl from her class named Megan. Little Megan was SO sweet and trying to get Rhyan to play with her and Rhyan wouldnt hardly even speak to her. I pulled her to the side and asked her why and she said "i just want to play by myself". This is the hard part about having a very independent child who appreciates alone time. I told her I understood but that its rude to not talk to her friend and encouraged her to apologize and just tell Megan she had to go home but would see her at school. She finally did so, but it took some encouraging. The next time I attended something at school, she and Megan were hanging out like BFF's so apparently it didnt affect anything, but I felt BAD!

That same afternoon, Jeff and I had free tickets to the titanic and bodies exhibits! He got them as a teacher (they try to encourage teachers to bring kids for field trips) so we took advantage! It was a great date night! Jeff's mom and Dad kept the babies and we took marta (its smarta) to atlantic station! When we got off the train and headed up to catch the shuttle, we had some angry squirrels chirpping at us as we waited! They seriously were fussing at us like we had done something wrong! And then a bird pooped about 1 foot from where Jeff was sitting. The animals were out to get us. LOL!
Ok, so apparently you're not supposed to take pics, but i took a few WITHOUT flash and hoped it was ok. The titanic exhibit was fascinating. Just to imagine that these people were hoping to pursue a better life...

An example of a first class room. Isnt that fancy?! I love the detailing in all of the wood paneling and sconces

This broke my heart. What a terrible, terrible thing to have to live through. So bittersweet.

We walked VERY quickly through the bodies exhibit. I had already been once when I had just graduated hygiene school. It was much more interesting to me then because I had just gone through anatomy and physiology so it was all familiar. But Jeff had no interest so we just went very quickly through it.

I'm NOT a city girl. At all. But it really was a beautiful (albeit windy) evening! A great night for a date!
And we came home to two crazies... like this one here :-)
Always grateful for a night out, especially if we get to go do something different and fun! This was a perfect date night b/c it REQUIRED us to leave lawrenceville, which we neeeeeed to do sometimes!

No comments: