Monday, January 6, 2014

Pumpkin Carving

We are not great about having a tradition of carving a pumpkin. Mostly because Jeff doesnt really enjoy it and they dont seem to last long enough for the effort. BUT, this year was different!

Our small group (which we led and hosted this semester) had been trying to plan a get together and had decided to go to stone mountain for the laser show. However, on the night of our outing, it was COLD. So we bailed on our stone mountain trip and decided instead to carve pumpkins at our house! I was SO glad! It ended up being so much fun!








Since it was a night of an Archer football game, Jeff wasnt able to be there. SO, I was really grateful for Andrew and Derek's help in the carving process. Neither of them actually helped, but they both gave me pointers, which I appreciated
 Mack kept EATING the pumpkin lid! So gross!!! But he was cracking us all up!
 I asked Rhyan to help me clean it all out, but she was having NOTHING to do with the inside of the pumpkin. She did, however offer to hold the bag for me while I cleaned it out. What a helper! HA!
 We ended up having 4 of our 7 couples who were able to attend (the Raffields, the Wilsons, the Wolf's and of course us) and a couple of the families did more than one pumpkin (for each kid). End results:

Ooooooooooo! How cool, right?! Ours is the ghost on the far right side. Jeff was MEGA impressed with my skillz... we have never used a carving kit before and honestly didnt know they existed! So I was excited!

What a great, fun time with our small group. I'm SO grateful for this group of believers we've gotten to know

No comments: