Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Girls Weekend

I'm so grateful for a husband who is encouraging of my girl time. I dont take it often, but once a year, Angela, Linds and I (and others if they can make it!) revert to single status (kidding) and head off for the weekend! We went to Pigeon Forge the first weekend in october!

Our first stop is ALWAYS cracker barrel. EVERY good vaca should start with Cracker Barrel. Amen?!
This breakfast was DELISH! I saved my muffin for later and just enjoyed the fresh yogurt with fruit and granola, eggs (soft) and bacon. Oh my. I've got a hankering for some right now!

I rode in the back on the way and took this selfie of me thinking about the fun times we would have. The girls were both like "What are you doing!?". It just seemed appropriate at the time. LOSER! lol
Our first night there, we had dinner at this YUMMY bbq place. I dont even remember the name! But yum!

And then we made it our nights goal to make it to the ferris wheel for our "great adventure". We made it. After about a 2 mile walk from our car. I might be exaggerating a bit. But it felt like a long walk.



On the sky wheel, we instantly became teenagers. Linds got all nervous of the height and the fact that her super analytical self went into figuring out that basically the thing is held together by very few bolts, so here was her nervous laughter face :-)
And Ang and I just got stupid. Can you imagine if we drank? We'd be complete idiots, I fear!

Linds had to give us a lesson on how to properly take a selfie (at a downward angle so you're skinnier) with duck lips (clearly she's been practicing! HA!). We were honored to learn and be her padawans ;-)

Until... I took this jewel. Yes, enjoy, friends. Hope you get a good laugh.
Hey Angela! Whats wrong with your eye?! LOL!
More in deep thought poses seemed appropriate. Dont you think?!
With our ticket for the sky wheel, we got a few free games at the arcade. We all played SKEE BALL!!
So, Linds and Angela were all noble and gave their tickets to some kids for prizes. Me? I stood in line with the kids, jealous that they had gotten my friends tickets, and got some rockin tattoos. Yeah baby. Wild.

On our way out, there was a band playing so we stopped to listen. They were a local band and played "wagon wheel" and one of their groupies, this old guy, started DANCING! It was pure awesomeness!


A collage of our best faces from the night for your viewing pleasure!
I grabbed some fudge from the Fudgery and we headed back to the house for a good nights sleep which turned into talking till 1am and then going to sleep :-) Girls gotta catch up, right?!

The next morning, I called down to Gatlinburg to get prices on zip lining. I love that sort of thing so I was hoping to talk the girls into it. I was SO happy that they agreed!! YIPEE! Dont we look awesome?!

We had the BEST time! Angela and I, being so competitive in nature like we are, saw this guide guy flip upside down and instantly both wanted to do the same! We asked how and the guide was sure to tell us that if we did it, it would have to be by "accident" as they arent allowed to teach people to do that. HA! So Angela tried first (without me knowing it b/c she went last) and didnt get it. I,  however, got it on my first try! woohoo! I win :-) We both ended up having a great time trying. Linds, on the other hand, was quite brave and eventually let go of the rope for one triumphant flight like a birdie. For about 5 seconds before grabbing it back again. I really was proud that she makes herself do things that are difficult/uncomfortable! She's awesome!

That night, we went to the applebarn for dinner. While we were there, Jeff sent me a text saying "took Rhyan to see Bill and told her about her Papa tonight". And I broke down. It was the day before the anniversary of his death and I had been thinking a lot about him and then here was my sweet girl at his graveside. A place I can barely visit because I cant go there without focusing so much on how he's not here instead of thinking in terms of where he is... eternity with Jesus!
On our last day, we planned to go to this one restaurant we loved last year. but it was CLOSED! And we were heartbroken! So we headed back to the Cracker Barrel. Seemed appropriate to end it the way we started! And we stopped off for some shopping at the Christmas Place and got some cute ornaments!

I'm SO grateful for friends who have stood by my side for 17+ years. I am BLESSED!!!

No comments: