Mommie's grapevines produced TONS of grapes this year! Last year, someone came in the middle of the night and picked her grapevines clean. Seriously. How cruddy is that?! But this year I kind of joked with mommie that God had blessed her vines more abundantly to make up for the theft last year :-)
I took the kids down one day to help pick grapes! They thought it was great fun and honestly, I think it may have helped out a little bit... there were a LOT of grapes that needed to be picked!
Mommie was cracking me up.. she came out with two layers of clothing on like she was freezing or something. After about 5 minutes she was sweating and saying "I'm just too hot, I'm going to have to go back inside" when I asked her why she didnt take her sweater off. She looked at me and assured me she wasnt wearing a sweater... until she looked down and realized she was. HA! She was much more comfortable after she took it off :-)
Mommie and Daddy's grape vines are both muscadine and scuppernong grapes. Both, delish! And sweet!
I had to go empty our bucket on the porch when I met this fella. EEEK! I just hate spiders! Creepy!
We really had a great time helping Mommie! I told her I wanted to come by and made jelly with her, but then life got crazy and I didnt get to go... she made some which turned out great, at least!
I'm so grateful that we live SO close to Mommie. Its so special to me that we get to enjoy some simple things like picking grapes or playing in her yard or helping her pick up pecans... sweet, simple blessings!
Oooo! And I just found more pics of this on my phone, too!
My girl may wear pink a lot, but she is not all princess. She's definitely got some tom boy in her! She LOVES to catch bugs! And let them crawl on her! I dont love it, but I try to not get wierded out and just tell her how cool it is because I want her to have her own interests!
No comments:
Post a Comment