Shlaine came up with the idea of the kids meeting up at Longhorns for lunch to surprise her on her birthday!
Tracy was nice enough to keep Mack for me for a couple of hours and I picked Rhyan up from school and we headed on up to meet up with everyone! I got a call on the way there, though, from my Mama who was bringing Mommie under the guise of she and Jonathan taking her to lunch, just the 3 of them. Mommie was having a rough morning and wasnt moving along like we had hoped. So Mama eventually caved in and told her that we were all at a restaurant waiting on her and she needed to get moving. HA! So she moved a little faster and about 30 min later than scheduled, they showed up :-). She is worth waiting for, though!!!
Mommie LOVES longhorn's Parmesan crusted chicken (who doesnt?!) so she enjoyed her lunch and then the waitress brought out a complimentary desert for the table to share! Which basically meant that Mommie and Rhyan shared it. HA!
We had a great time! And actually got a decent picture of eveyrone! (I wish the waitress would have told Jonathan to stoop down, though! Tall fella!)
I truly am SO grateful for our lunch together! It was fun to get to hang out with a little smaller group of the family and celebrate Mommie's life! She is such a treasure to us all!
No comments:
Post a Comment