Monday, January 13, 2014

Halloween!

Halloween isnt really my favorite holiday. In fact, its probably my least favorite ;-) But the kids always seem to have so much fun. So I do my best to make the best of it. We carve pumpkins and pick non-scary characters to dress up as. One day, I'd love to dress up as a family (and surprisingly Jeff isnt opposed!). I thought this year would be great because Rhyan wanted to be Tinkerbell and it would be easy to have Mack be peter pan and I could do wendy and Jeff captain hook. But Mack did NOT want to be peter pan!

So I suggested that since Mack loves monkey's we could do a version of the Wizzard of Oz and Mack could be a flying monkey, Rhyan could be Dorothy (i found a super cute costume!) and Jeff and I could do whatever... but Rhyan was opposed.

SO. We went with no adult dress up, Rhyan as tinkerbell and Mack as a Dinosaur! I was excited!

And then Halloween night came and guess who decided to NOT wear their costume. Mr Mack. Yep!
He said "I CANT be dinosaur! I a pumpkin!" lol! So, a cute little pumpkin he was :-)
Look at how pretty my little Tinker Bell is! I was shocked that she let me do her hair! I loved it!!!


We always have to stop at Mommie's house first. She (and my mom) give the kids GOBS of candy... to the point that we dont really need to go trick or treating! But we do, of course ;-)


Then, we headed to my Mom's house where we met a strange looking horse and a nerd of a girl :-)

My baby girl LOVES her some Lydia!

Our attempt at a group pic! We miss Ethan and Luke being there!
Once again, I love how Rhyan makes mack look at the camera! HA!

You cant see it in the pics, but Rhyan's wings actually lit up! She thought it was the coolest thing. It WAS!
We made it around our culdesac and ran into the crew! Taylor, Shelby and baby Colt! (all who stay together at Tracy's house with my kiddos!)
How cute are these three?!

And our attempt at Colt and Mack... lol... Mack's face. HA! After this pic, Mack decided he was about done and was ready to go with Grammy (who hands out candy at our house) and eat some of his spoils.
This was in one of our neighbors yard... isnt that awesome!? How creative!!!
We walked around together for a while and then Rhyan suddenly announced that she was done and that her wings were too heavy and her dress was itchy and she was ready to go home. Seeing as how Shelby was half passed out in their wagon (turns out she was sick!), we decided to call it a night!


And since this little fairy couldnt fly herself home, she got carried. Like a princess ;-)


And that was our not-so-spooky halloween! Fun times had by all!

No comments: