I love the fair. Jeff thinks its kind of strange, how much i love the fair. But its been a yearly tradition for my family since I was LITTLE! Every year, we went and walked around and sometimes rode the rides.. but we ALWAYS ate the carnie food! My greatest dissapointment has been that my very favorite vendor (he sold cinnamon and sugar fresh made donut holes) got closed down because he was too close to the cows. Now people, thats ridiculous. Its a fair. Lets just be honest, you dont go there if you're a germ-a-phobe!
We went at about 4:30 on a Monday afternoon, hoping to beat the crowds. And we were successful! Mostly because the rides didnt open until 5pm. Haha. But the 4-H animal exhibit was open so we started there!
We happened to also be the ONLY ones in the exhibit! Which turned out to be pretty cool because the kids got to see everything and the head lady actually walked around and told them about each animal, etc. She was SO nice and informative! I'm pretty sure Jeff and I cared about the details and Rhyan and Mack cared more about making noises at the animals, but it was fun, nonetheless!
Rhyan even learned how to milk a cow! She thought it was pretty funny and wanted me to try, too!
When we got ready to head out of the exhibit to the rides, they always give each person a milk of choice (skim, whole white or chocolate). I told the guy handing them out I knew this was a lot to ask and if the answer was "no", that was ok, but would it be possible for us to not take milk right now and come back closer to time to eat and get ours. I offered to leave our names or something but he was SO easygoing and said "no problem! i'll remember you!" How NICE!
The first ride of the evening: The Frog Hopper! Rhyan freaked out on this one last year! So I wasnt sure how she would like it, but having Mack on there with her this year, plus her being a year older, seemed to really make a difference! She and Mack loved it and rode it twice!
They also really loved the cars you can "drive". Most all of the fair rides are pretty similar but there are a few that stand out as being different. Those are the ones we try to make sure the kids get to ride! This is one!
I was honestly worried about Mack riding the swings w/o one of us riding with him. I mean, he is just still so little! Last year we got just Rhyan a hand stamp so that she could ride everything and then I got one, as well, to ride with her (what a waste of money for me to only ride kid rides! but you do what you must for your kids!). This year we just got Rhyan and Mack the stamp and neither of us got one since they could ride together. They did GREAT and had a blast, but there were a few I worried about the first go round ;-)
About the time we got off the swings, Ronni and Andy came up to meet up with us! Mack had been wanting SO badly to ride the "dinosaur" train (which was really a worm roller coaster). He was tall enough to ride, but only with an adult. And it required I think 3 tickets per adult. So we just told him he wasnt big enough to ride because we didnt want to have to buy more tickets for us to ride (the fair is EXPENSIVE as it is!). Well, leave it to Gran and Grandad to go buy tickets so one of us could go with him and he could ride.
First off, I'll just say how PROUD I was of Rhyan for not being upset about riding solo while I rode with Mack. There was only room for 2 per seat. She really did GREAT! Second of all, Mack was hooked. That boy could have stayed on that thing ALL DAY. So much so that when we were supposed to get off at the end of the ride, he DOVE under the seat so I couldnt get him out. And then got "stuck" for a couple of minutes while we tried to wiggle him out. Oh good glory. The fit he pitched having to get off! It was brief, but loud! The boy loooooves dinosaur anything!
We wanted to use a couple of the tickets to ride the super slide with the kids. Turned out, Mack was too short. I mean, really?! Its a SLIDE! Oh well. But Rhyan loved it! I wish Mack could have done it too!!
We had a blast and I'm already looking forward to it again next year!!
OH! And I found MORE pics from my cell! I just had to add them
On the merry-go-round. I asked her to smile and this is what I got (look at that HAIR!)
And then I reminded her that if she wanted to ride more rides she better be sweet and smile. HA! threats ;-)The nice man at this ride actually just let me ride with the kids. He was super sweet about it and said they wouldnt be able to turn themselves to go around so why didnt I ride, too. How nice! Love how Rhyan made Mack turn his head to look at the camera. Such a mommy, I tell you!
And on the boat thing that goes back and forth, the guy just told me to ride with them, too. I really appreciated the (few) really nice workers who were more interested in my kids being comfortable and safe than to make a few bucks off me riding a kiddie ride.
Mack LOVED riding these silly little things because even though they are alligators, he called them dinosaurs. He did stand up in it once, though, and we had to really get onto him for it!
CLASSIC Mack
I really didnt want Mack to ride the bee alone because they're really not even strapped in well. And knowing his propensity to stand up, i really appreciated this little girl letting him ride with her and keeping an eye on him. He didnt necessarily appreciate having to share the bee, but he delt with it fine. HA!
I was letting Mack ride the bee thing while Rhyan did the kiddie fun house obstacle course. Last year, she honestly struggled with it. I had to walk around the back of it and encourage her the whole way (she WAS just 3, youknow) but this year it was NO problem and she flew through it! So proud!
And this cracks me up... big ole Jeff on the dinosaur train with mack. My guys. LOVE Those fellas!
Ok. That is all :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment