Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas Decorating!

The 2nd week of November the kids were already asking about decorating for Christmas! I told them Christmas was a long way away, but then I thought, "why not?!". I always feel super rushed and pressured to get all of our decorations out each year (plus put up my Mommie's) so this year I thought that why not just start early and take out time and enjoy it!?!  So off to the basement I went for some decorations :-)

I forgot to get any "in progress" pics this year... but here was Rhyan's finished product! She LOVED it!


Throughout the season she rearranged a few of her ornaments and really enjoyed the soft glow of the lights!
Then, on to Mack's! He had NO interest in helping. Well, he did put TWO ornaments on. But that was enough for him. When I was done, he was happy but immediately wanted to know "where my star?!". He didnt have a star... I never bought him one last year! Oops! So his Daddy and Rhyan picked him out one when they were at Target one day and he was a much happier camper :-)

I honestly loved having this little bit done so early! The kids really enjoyed their trees so much! Mack insisted on napping with his on each day and every night would say "leabe my tree on! i lub it!" and I would explain that we have to let it be dark so we can sleep and he would whine and say "oh mommy! it make me sad".
LOL! They loved it and it made my heart happy! So I'll probably just keep putting them up early each year!

No comments: