Like I said earlier, we decided to put up Rhyan and Mack's tree's pretty early this year! And they enjoyed it SO much! So I decided to go ahead and put up all our decorations! And it was the best decision!
I'm always complaining to Lindsay and Angela (my bff's) that i'm just NOT creative. At all. And both of them are! So this year, Lindsay called me up and invited me to a wreath making party! Inspiration from Pinterst. I couldnt resist! So we headed to her friends house and after I used an ungodly amount of burlap (SORRY!), I had roughly created this... it wasnt finished, but was a great start!
Rhyan and I went to Hobby Lobby where she just insisted that we go with this candy cane ribbon to finish it out. Bless her heart, I just couldnt do it. Its just not my style!
But I did find a bow, and even a couple more cute decorations! So here was my finished product! Almost as big as my whole door, lol! But i LOVE it! I've never had a christmas wreath that i've loved, but now i do!
We went ahead and put up the tree, too. I was so sad when Jeff brought it upstairs (from the basement) and saw that about half of the pre lit lights werent working. Such a bummer! I love the shape of our tree and the size, so I decided to put on it what lights I had available. But next year i'll for sure need to buy some more!
And for the first time in 4 years, I brought back out our village. I love that Jeff made some shelving for me to fit the fireplace and I can put it on 3 levels! This village was my Mommie's and I have so many fond memories of decorating with it at home growing up :-) I was so grateful that she passed it on to me when Jeff and I married and have been missing it these last few years (the kids were too little to leave it alone). It was SO nice this year to have all of my decorations up EARLY and just enjoy them through the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment