Our first stop was dinner with Aunt Gaye, just like last year! She wanted to introduce us to a restaurant called Shealy's. I was stoked because she always brings veggies from shealy's to family get together's and oh my, is it yummy! Jeff, on the other hand, had his heart set on this all you can eat bbq buffet and it was hilarious! That man pouted and pouted the whole way there. To the point that I was laughing! He was for real disappointed. So he complained and complained from the moment we turned off the highway till we got to the restaurant. "This better be good to be so far off the highway". "We sure are driving a long way". "I dont know what was wrong with the place we went last year. You cant go wrong with a buffet". LOL!
We got to Shealy's and realized... IT'S A BUFFET! I wish everyone could have seen how he tried to not smile because he knew he had been a brat about it and now was getting what he wanted :-)
Oh good heavens. The food at Shealy's was some of the best home cookin' I've ever had. Look at it!!!
We had a great visit with Aunt Gaye and enjoyed the delicious food and then headed on to Myrtle Beach!
We stayed at Compass Cove Resort this year. I had gotten some sort of groupon for it (i think) and got a great deal! We arrived around 10pm and were a little unsure as to how great the place was, but our room was clean so we were good with it.
The next morning, we woke up to this beautiful sight!
The resort had a breakfast buffet that Jeff was excited to take part in. That man is a sucker for a buffet! I joked with him that I had a feeling that "buffet" would be the motto of the entire weekend. I wasnt far off!
After our breakfast buffet, we decided to explore the grounds. And found CORN HOLE! It had been raining off and on so the bean bags were wet and kinda gross! But I still kicked Jeff's bootie!
This was as close as we got to the beach/ocean all weekend. It was just WAY too rainy and chilly! SAD!
Then, Jeff challenged me to a game of checkers. Heres the thing, I hate checkers. I'm too analytical and I dont make decisions quickly. Plus, I HATE to lose. And I always get impatient and tired of the game and just start moving wherever so he can jump my guys and be done with the game. UGH. This was no exception!
It started POURING when we were playing checkers. Yes, it was covered, but the humidity was awful! Which resulted in this beautiful look. Dont be jealous, now!
It was SO nasty ALL day long! We ended up suiting up in our bathing suits and heading to the pool. Here was the cool thing about the resort... they had a LOT of pools and the majority of them were under the hotel in the walk out/basement level! So even though it was raining, we could hang out in the hot tubs and heated pools! There were also 6 slides but I couldnt make myself get out of the warm water to explore them!Saturday afternoon, we headed out to pick up Jeff's race packet and decided to hit up the movie theater! We decided to see the Tom Hanks "Captain Phillips". We were cracking up because honestly, we were in there with what looked like the entire nursing home down the road! We were surrounded by OLD, and I do mean OLD people. Like 80 year olds! It was hilarious! When we left out we were looking for the bus they all rode in on! LOL!
And of course Jeff had to hit up Crabby Mike's all you can eat seafood buffet! Crab legs. YUM!
This was JEFF's plate. Not mine. That steak is BLEEDING! ewwww. I'm sure it makes his Daddy proud!
Race day looked better! The clouds were clearing up and it looked like it might be a beautiful day!!!
After I picked Jeff up from his race (which went really well!), we hit up the breakfast buffet and then headed to the hot tub! While we were down in the hot tub we decided to see if there were any openings for a couples massage at Massage Envy (which I had a gift certificate for!). Since there wasnt really a great option for shopping at the outlets (outside) or putt putt (outside) we were looking for something indoors for warmth!
We really enjoyed our massages and I think that it was really helpful for Jeff after his race, too! Then, we thought about heading to barefoot landing since it had cleared up and warmed up a bit, just basically to waste some time! And I had to get a pic on this dinosaur, knowing my baby boy would LOVE IT!
A nice lady offered to take our pic together... and we got this... mostly her finger. HA! Sweet offer, though!
I always get grossed out by the massive amounts of carp that will follow you around as you walk on the bridge, looking for food. They are SO nasty!
We settled on Outback for dinner and oh my, it was so good. Jeff seriously wanted to go back to Crabby Mikes. Yes, really. But I couldnt handle another buffet and needed a steak (cooked to order) and sweet potato and salad. Something that didnt make me feel like I could sense my arteries clogging as I ate!Monday morning, we got packed up and headed on home with a quick stop by CFA for breakfast. We didnt even stop for lunch! I was ready to see our babies and Jeff likes to make good time, so we agreed to push through and did fine!
I truly am grateful for that once a year get away. This one came at a PERFECT time. I had put in a months notice at my previous job (that I was at for 7.5 years) to take the incredible opportunity at Dr Jones office and had been told the same week of our trip (2 weeks into my 5 week notice) that it would be better for the office for me to be done and not finish out my notice. Which hurt. Especially considering that I had been there so long and was trying to give proper notice and it was the notice that my previous employer had always said he felt was appropriate. So it was a perfect weekend for a get away with my favorite guy, who happened to be my biggest cheerleader regarding the career move! I was so grateful for his support and this weekend away helped me to just stay focused on the good things to come and let the past go!
We came back refreshed. Renewed. Rested. And very, very full! HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment