October is SUCH a fun month for outdoor activities!
One weekend in October, Emily, Zach and the kids came for a weekend visit! I was SO excited that they came! I love Emily and the WHOLE Parker clan :-)
They got here friday evening and it was after the kiddos bedtime. But we gave them a little while to visit and play while we got everything set up for them to sleep and then got them off to bed! Jeff had parking lot duty at Archer (his weekend was so full, it was awful!... poor Zach was stuck with us girls) so he didnt get home till around 9:30, but he and Zach instantly got to chatting and we all watched the Shark tank before heading to bed. Wild night, right? haha. I didnt say we are great entertainers. I just offer free room and board!
The next morning, i made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for us all. My family loves them and I was hopeful the Parker kids would, too (Emily and Zach were on their 24 day challenge). Luckily, since they basically get the same thing for breakfast EVERY morning, they were stoked to get muffins. LOL! Hilarious!
Saturday, the Parkers had some plans for brunch with Emily's dad and step mom so we chilled at home! When they got back, it was naptime for the kiddies, so after a few minutes of playing, they all went down for naps and Emily and I headed to the mall! She was on the lookout for cute tennis shoes and I assured her I could take her to nordstrom rack, where she was hoping to go. This will tell you my limited mall knowledge. I took her to discover mills b/c i knew there was one there. Except there wasnt! Oh my. So we headed over to MOG area where there WAS one. We didnt find anything, but had fun trying!
That afternoon, we had Rhyan's soccer game and the Parkers headed to Corndawgs. Our plan was to meet up at heartland (some private property a mile from us where a festival was being held) for free dinner and entertainment. Little did I know that although the event is from 3-7pm, dinner ends at FIVE. Really?! So I let the kids play for a bit while emily and zach got lost and eventually just went back to our house where we met up. They had already fed their kids, so I fed mine really quick and then they played. And played. And played
Emily and Zach asked where I would like to order food from and that they wanted to get some dinner for me for hosting them. How sweet! (and unnecessary! I was a terrible host and Jeff was awol!). Jeff was chaperoning homecoming at Archer so it was just the 3 of us. We got calzones from Johnny's pizza. Omg. YUM! I love a good calzone and Johnny's ar SO good!
The next morning, we fed the kids pancakes. And Britt kept asking for more and more and more. I was cracking up! She had also eaten her banana and i dont remember if they had eggs or sausage, but she was eating well... so we kept giving her more. I swear, you'd think she'd have puked after all she ate! Growth spurt! HA! She was so cute packing it away! Then, the kids all chilled out for some tv time! CUTE!
Emily, Zach, Kye and Britt packed up soon after and headed back to Valdosta. It was such a quick trip and weekend. But i LOVED having them here. I really am a terrible host and am always self conscious of the fact that I dont cook well and we are generally just boring people. But Emily and Zach dont seem to mind :-) I had a blast staying up (way too late) chatting with Emily and solving all of our parenting questions together! She is truly a gem to me and I am so blessed that this family who I met "online" has become such great real life friends! And i'm STOKED to meet their newest addition in August!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment