Rhyan and Jackson. Jackson's mom and I carpool (Stacy has been a HUGE help for me!) and Rhyan and Jackson have come to really like each other! They are SO cute, arent they?!
Rhyan had a homework project of decorating her own pumpkin. I am not creative first off. And secondly, I truly believe that its important to let Rhyan put what she likes on little things like this and decorate it as she likes. I dont offer any guidance other than to offer help if she needs it and to show her options of things to use. Other than that, she makes the choices!We took another try at potty training Mack. He's been poopie trained for a while, but we keep working on pee. He just doesnt recognize the sensation in time before an accident happens... We aborted, but tried.
And I volunteered at Rhyan's school for her carnival. It was the first time I've shown up at her school for an activity... it did NOT go well. I had told her I would be there to help but I didnt really prep her on what I expected of her. Mostly b/c I just assumed she would act like she always does. Boy, was I wrong! From the moment she saw me, she got silent and wouldnt smile and wouldnt participate and just sat on the ground silently beside me as I worked the snow cone machine for the kids. I was shocked. I tried to get a picture with her, and this is what I got!
I also took a break from volunteering to try to encourage her to participate... to no avail. She thought about having fun for a second but then just quit and went back to her silent self. I was perplexed!
I talked to her teacher about going ahead and taking her home for the day, which she said was completely fine. Rhyan didnt even want to eat lunch there, with me!?! So we headed out and had a looooong talk about how if she couldnt participate in her class when i was there then I wouldnt be able to help anymore. She seemed to understand and honestly, each time I've helped since has been fine. Whew.
And that Friday, I joined Dr Jones office in renewing our CPR certification. This is a GREAT group!
From left to right: Nick (our intern who is trying to get into dental school), Laurie (Dr Jones assistant), Me, Angela (our new patient coordinator), The cpr guy, Kimberly (front desk), Shae (hygienist) and Anne (who I replaced when she decided to be a stay at home mom). LOVE these people!
I had to take a pic and brag on my baby girl who got Purple FIVE times in October! What What!
And on one of my days off, the kids decided they should play dead and see if I could find them. LOL! These babies and their imaginations! But for real, it was amazing at how long they played with BLANKETS, yall.
Of course it helped that they also had an empty rubbermaid container to "hide" in and play with! Who needs toys?!
In general, I just had a great time soaking up how WELL these babies have started playing together. I really do love that they are so close in age and while it did take them a while to have any similar interests, they have become playmates lately! I know it didnt happen overnight, but the lack of fussing while playing seemed to!I LOVED the time off with my babies, even if our checking account didnt. HA! Soaked it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment