But then, it rained. Literally, all weekend. We could only handle being cooped up so long, so we decided to head to the library (literally 2 minutes from their house!) for reading time! The kids really did well!
When we were walking around checking things out, the lady who reads to the kids mentioned to me that the themed bags that they use to read from (which have books, puppets, and toys!) are available for check out as well. AND pointed us in the direction of a dinosaur bag. Mack had JUST gotten interested in dinosaurs so it was PERFECT! It gave us a few toys to play with, some books, etc. I was so grateful!
Jeff was working the parking lot at Archer for their football game and gone most of the night. So I told Jeff I was thinking of taking the kids to see Planes at the movies. We had been to one other movie in the summer (Monsters University) and the kids had done fairly well. So I thought, again, something to keep us busy!
The kids expressions cracked me up. Deer in headlights, huh?!
Unlike when we went to Monsters, this time I actually remembered to get a picture!
When we got done at the movies, we went to visit Daddy at Archer and the kids had a ton of fun running around and "hiding". Till they each stubbed their toes. Redneck kids wont wear shoes. What can i say?!
That same weekend, we also had SOCCER ORIENTATION! Oh my, folks. We had asked Rhyan if she wanted to keep doing gymnastics and she told us "no. i want to play where i kick the ball". Soccer. Eww! hah. So I went that Saturday morning to orientation and met her coach. How crazy?! She's growing up!
The floors took longer than we anticipated, like I said. So when we did get to move back in, our grass was a bit out of control. Which led to Jeff and I both cutting it at NIGHT with massive lamps. HA! You do what you've gotta do sometimes, right?! Idk if the neighbors were annoyed with us or glad it was getting done!
What a CRAZY week! Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment