My mom and Rhyan, however, always make me a cake! Last year, Rhyan went over to Mamas house the day before my birthday and didnt even tell me (Jeff let her go after he got home from work before I got home) and the little sneaker didnt even tell me! She kept it a great secret... UNTIL my actual birthday. She came to my room and woke me up and said "happy birthday, mommy! i made you a cake!" haha! Sweet!
This year, she didnt even tell me at ALL! My birthday fell on a Wednesday this year so I didnt get home till about 6pm. I grilled us some hot dogs (fancy bday dinner, huh?! lol!) and then we headed over to my Mommie's house for CAKE!
My favorite cake that my mom makes is called "chocolate bar cake". Well, actually, my favorite is now probably her strawberry cake. But she says strawberry cakes dont do well in the summer and wont make one b/c it wont be pretty ;-) Such a diva baker! But i loved this one! And the message!
So yes, I turned 33. Although I dont think that i really feel any older! I do feel less flexible and "Softer" overall, but until I get my bootie in a gym, I dont see that changing!
My babies helped me blow out my candles!
On the way home from Mommie's house, we saw a RAINBOW!!! What a cool thing on my birthday!
OH, I will say that typically at work (at my old job) we do a birthday week where we get breakfast one day, lunch one day and dessert one day. But this year, they legit forgot. Kinda bummed me out, honestly. BUT, in all honesty, I think it was just kind of another sign that it was time to move on. I dont mean that to sound whiney! haha. I just mean that it was another reminder that it may be time for a change in general ;-)
So overall, my birthday was fine. Kind of just another day! But one filled with family that I'm so grateful for and a beautiful rainbow as icing on the cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment