Friday, December 20, 2013

Vacation: Day 2

We were all SO excited this year that Jason, Liz and Baby Avery were going to be coming on the family beach trip! They werent able to come last year because Avery had JUST been born. Like, a week before we left! So we were thrilled to get to experience a whole week of  beach fun with ALL the family!!!

On Monday (our first full day), we loaded up (and omg... SO much is needed for babies at the beach! it took us ALL to carry everything so that these babies could ride in style! ha!) and headed to the beach!

The great thing about Amelia Island (there are many) is that its not crowded at ALL. So we pretty much had the beach to ourselves for the most part. No worrying about losing sight of your kid if they walk from mom to dad... its just wide open beautiful beach!
The kids were excited to try out the water. Even Avery!

I could eat this child up! Look at that face... pure JOY! This girl loves the beach. She asked me several times during the week if we could live there. I told her that our family would miss us (and we would miss them!) but she assured me that they could come visit. Smart girl!

Look at those LEGS!!!! I love me some chunky baby!!! We didnt know what she'd think but she seemed to love it! Avery was so fun to watch!

Mack seemed to enjoy it, too. Dont you think?!
Literally, I dont even remember what was wrong with him!








Mack was a happy camper, however, playing in the sand!


Mack was in love with these birds. He chased them for the longest time! Pretty much, if Mack is happy and not hurting anyone, we let him do what keeps him happy. That may sound bad, but we admittedly avoid confrontation with him. There is plenty to be had in the day to day discipline of bad choices ;-)






Rhyan and I were thinking that this house may be just right for us! haha



Rhyan had a BLAST jumping the waves with Uncle Jason! He is so great about playing with the kids!











Uncle Jason... give the paci back to Avery! Silly boy!
My boys digging holes!







We stayed at the beach from about 9am till naptime. I packed the kids lunches and let them eat them down there. FYI, for anyone who doesnt get to the beach often... probably the BEST piece of advice I can give anyone about kids and the beach is to take several small containers of baby powder with you. When the kids get ready to eat something, put baby powder all over their hands and the sand falls right off and doesnt stick again! :-) Its magic!

That night we went to Sandy Bottoms for dinner. It was my father in laws birthday! So he got to pick the restaurant! It was yummy and we enjoyed sitting outside with the breeze!
I tried to bring lots of quiet toys for the kids. They did ok but honestly, the service was slow. So they got bored. And they were tired from the drive down the day before (w/o naps!) and the busy day at the beach. So they did ok, but not great. Luckily, we were ON the beach for dinner so we could take them for a walk while we waited for everyone to finish up. (by we i mean Jeff).
Liz and I had made a publix trip earlier in the day while the kids napped for some snack foods and decided to pick up a birthday cake for Andy! YUM!

Mack was pretty grumpy most of the first day so I didnt get many pics of him. But Rhyan was in heaven! We had a great first day and soaked up the sun and relaxation! More to come!

No comments: