This happened to me 2 Christmases ago when I thought it would be perfect to use a separate memory card in my camera for Christmas eve morning. I mean, how smart to have Christmas all on one memory card so that its not all mixed in with the other "random" pics.
Well, turns out that my new (at the time) DSLR camera uses a LOT more storage than my old point and shoot. So I got about 15 pics and it was full. And i panicked! So I put the memory card somewhere safe and put in my other memory card.
And then... yep, you know it...
I COULDNT FIND THE MEMORY CARD! The "safe" place was so safe that I couldnt remember it :-( And I was devastated. It was Mack's first Christmas and all of the pics him "opening" the gifts that we gave him were gone :-(
Fast forward to tonight... recently, while perusing pinterest, I found this great idea on how to organize your batteries (which we have to keep a ton of b/c practically every toy uses them). And in the midst of my organizing, I came across that "safe" place :-)
My sweet girl and I made breakfast together... she's a great helper in the kitchen!
We started doing our family gift opening on Christmas eve morning a couple of years ago (actually, i think this might have been the first year?). Christmas eve night we go to Mommie's, Christmas morning Santa comes and Christmas evening we go to Jeff's parents... so I wanted to make sure that our little family has some time!
We got Rhyan her own apron! With her name on it :-) (um... she never uses it... probably b/c i never use mine? My Mommie ALWAYS used an apron when i was growing up but its so hard to remember!)
And she LOVED her computer! She's played with it a good bit over this past year!
Every baby needs a glow worm!
And every little girl needs slippers (something else she never wore... but she got a new pair this past year and she loves them! what a difference a year makes)
My Mama took Rhyan "secret santa shopping" at our church and she bought a flashlight for her daddy! Sweet! (hmmm... apparently he liked her apron? haha)
My little family, Christmas eve morning with all of their loot. That blue box, btw, were black converse for Jeff... he was dying for some and I had told him to forget it (cause I think they're ugly) but of course caved. And now, I kinda like them... and kinda bought pairs for each of the kids this year... haha!TA-DA! Christmas, 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment