Saturday, March 9, 2013

How to Look for a New Church

So... apparently there's no manual on how to go about this process.

My thoughts (being the analytical person that I am) are that we should make a long list and visit each church and create from it a short list and visit each a few times before narrowing it down to a couple that we really like and THEN start taking the kids with us to those two or so to see where they fit, etc. (in the meanwhile, they are still attending out "old" church with my mom).

Jeff doesnt quite like my plan. Tonight, on the way home from dinner, I said "where do you want to visit tomorrow" and he said "Wanna go back to Bethlehem?" (the ONLY place we've visited so far). I said "shouldnt we try someplace new?" and he said... wait for it...

"How about if we just go where we want to go. I mean, if we like a place and we think we'd like to go back, why do we have to go somewhere else? Lets just go where we like it and do what makes us happy".

Hmmmm....

Conclusion: Women are from earth and men are terrestrial beings who dont quite get it ;-)

How have YOU gone about looking for a new church home? Any tips?

I still want to visit Hebron (which Jeff is all for) but only if we can go to a sunday school class, too, b/c the church is WAY too big to think we're going to be comfortable just going to the service. And there's a smaller church down the road that is very interesting to me but Jeff doesnt seem to have much of an interest (kids 4 and up go to the service WITH the parents.... the church feels its really important that families worship together and while thats not the "easiest" thing to do, I kind of think it might be great).

Praying for unity. And that the pastor of Bethlehem Baptist will stop having such great sermon series so we can visit somewhere else for once! ;-)

DONT FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS FORWARD ONE HOUR TONIGHT! Yep, time to lose an hour of sleep (dont be late for church!!!) and start enjoying the daylight a little longer in the evening! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

Feel free to visit my web page more information golden retrievers info

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its fastidious conversation regarding this article here at this website, I have read
all that, so at this time me also commenting here.



Feel free to visit my web-site - more retriever training tips information

Anonymous said...

Hello to all, for the reason that I am actually keen
of reading this web site's post to be updated regularly. It contains nice information.

My blog ... Look at This