Mommie was in a companion wheelchair (that we brought with us) and Rhyan was riding in her lap. Well, Dollywood is pretty hilly! So I was pushing them both up a hill and we got to the top and I kept thinking "oh, good Lord, please dont let me slip!!! please help me to hold on!"
I'm telling you, they would have likely ran over someone and killed them or themselves (or both!) with the speed they would have gained going downhill!! HA! Luckily, there were no "mishaps" and all were safe!
Ok, going home day!
Last year, Shlaine and I took Mommie to Pigeon Forge for her 80th birthday (and to Dollywood) and on the way home, we stopped for the "hot now" sign at krispy kreme. YUM. Lets just say that 3 girls can do some damage to a box of hot now's :-)
Turns out, Mommie and I like traditions! :-) So, Mommie, Rhyan and I went through the drive through and got a dozen... Dont worry, we shared half with Jonathan and Mam (in the other car). But the 3 of us for real each ate two! Yep. My little 3 year old ate 2 krispy kremes! She's got good taste :-) (it was a treat).
On our drive back, Mommie and I had some great conversation and she shared with me a good many stories from when she and Daddy first were married. Pretty neat and quite interesting!
Rhyan, however, was NOT happy about our talking. She was sleepy (girl did NOT get enough sleep in this quick 3 day trip) and was GRUMPY! She kept saying "PLEASE STOP TALKING!" hahah. Thing is, Mommie is half deaf so I couldnt whisper and Mommie is just not a quiet talker. Poor Rhyan ;-)
When we got into Franklin, NC (half way), we stopped at McDonalds and grabbed some lunch for on the way and handed Mommie off to Mama and Jonathan for the rest of the ride. Rhyan and I had an important appointment...
Baby Avery's Dedication!!!
I drove like a mad woman to try to be on time (and have time to change clothes) but it just didnt happen. We got there in time, but no time to change clothes. So, we joined in wearing jeans :-( But I was SO happy to get to be there! (Btw, a HUGE shout out to my sweet friend Ashlyn and Josh for keeping Mack for us!).
We shared a sweet time with our family celebrating little Avery! I have NO pics, though, so this cute one will just have to do!
What a great way to end a great, memorable weekend!
OK! I HACKED SOME PICS! (haha... from Liz)
Ok, this is awful BUT, its the only pics of the 3 of us together! (Rhyan was in a "no pictures" phase)
The proud parents with David Walters, the pastor at The Vine.





1 comment:
Everything is very open with a very clear clarification of the challenges.
It was truly informative. Your website is very useful.
Thank you for sharing!
Feel free to surf to my blog post - louis vuitton handbags on sale
Post a Comment