Monday, March 18, 2013

Christmas Eve (at Mommie's)

THE get together of the year is Christmas Eve at Mommies house. Its kind of "be there or be dead" :-) haha

Earlier in the year, around labor day (when Mommie was in the hospital with congestive heart failure and we were all pretty terrified), I kind of went through this freak out moment of wondering what Christmas eve will look like when Mommie isnt here anymore. Well, needless to say, I was thrilled to NOT deal with that this year and to have another 20-something-people-crammed-into-a-tiny-house get together -)

Here was an attempt at a great-grandkid pic... minus MY children?! How did that happen!? haha
ASHLEY came HOME!!! She moved to Ohio with her boyfriend, Austin, last Jan. so it was GREAT to have her home with us! Our family was complete with her being there!

So, I swear, EVERY year, my kids are teething at Christmas! :-( I remember Rhyans 1st Christmas, she cut her lower two front teeth the day after Christmas, last year Mack was getting teeth (which made their appearance ON Christmas day) and this year he was getting more teeth which came through within a day or so (I cant remember...). Point being, he was pretty CRANKY. So, we doped him up like any good parents would do! haha

At least "Santa" was the one dosing him up!

Mack and Kevin... Mack loves Kevin. And Elijah. He pretty much favors MEN :-)

The Cain girls! Lydia, Lindy, Marsh and Tracy
Jon and Tyler
Luke (cheesin), Elijah and Ethan
Haha.. it looks like Rhyan is trying to replace Elijah in his little family ;-)
So, a few years ago we started doing  the "White Elephant" game... its SO fun! This year, however, we had way too many "good" gifts and not quite enough cruddy ones. So it wasnt quite as much fun! HA!

Elijah's face... haha... I'm pretty sure this was when he got some girlie fuzzy socks :-)
Rhyan chose for me this spongebob icecream set. Hmmm... bad choice chika!

Mommie got this girlie tool set. Now back a few years this would have been GREAT for her! She was always fixing things! But now, it was better suited for whoever stole it :-)


Lydia... poor lydia. She got her good gift stolen and opened what we brought... electric sissors. Doesnt she look THRILLED?!
I would not have minded this tumbler! Mine is leaking!!

90's classic ;-)


What was this?!?!?
The Cain clan got Mommie this sweet sweatshirt! Each great-grandkids name is in a flower!
I thought this was precious... Rhyan bought Mommie a blanket at the "Santa's giftshop" at church.. she was so excited to see mommie open it. Precious :-)
Its kind of an ugly print, though! LOL! But Rhyan hand picked it and couldnt be talked out of it :-)

And we bought her this sweater, which she loved!

Mama has been wanting a new laptop so she could "take it to the dr's office to play games on". So, after I reminded her that a laptop is WAY out of budget for ANY amount of people going in together on a gift (haha), I figured a tablet would be more appropriate. She, however, had NO clue what it was :-)
But totally smiled like she knew! LOL!
We had a WONDERFUL time with family. And the first Christmas Miracle being that Jesus was born, the second being that God restored Mommie's health (several times) this past year and she was with us and lastly, there were no fights in the family on Christmas Eve. Now THATS a Christmas Miracle ;-)

No comments: