Ever since Rhyan was born, I've taken her to see the Bass Pro Santa at Discover Mills (now "Sugarloaf Mills" but it will forever be DM to me). I have always loved that santa, but after he took the time to go visit Katie and Chris and the girls when Hallie was born, I SWORE that we would NEVER see another Santa!
So each year we plan on a Tuesday or Thursday (my early days at work) to meet up for Santa Pics. Jeff complains each year, and this year was no different ;-)
I got a bass pass on lunch for 5pm. I had set out the kids Christmas PJ's for Jeff to change them into...
so when I saw them at Bass Pro in their regular clothes I was confused. Jeff had BROUGHT their pj's but not changed them. Helpful, right? I'm pretty sure he tries to make the experience bad so I"ll stop asking! lol
So i rushed to change them right there in the store (last year I changed them IN LINE) and we got in line. I was hoping for individual pics but they seemed in a rush this year adn didnt really take time :-( But, in all honesty, it worked out fine b/c as it turns out Mack was HORRIFIED and his sheer terror rubbed off on Rhyan who refused to sit with Santa, too. Oh my word. Laugh or cry, right?! So, we laughed!!!
When we were done with pics, Jeff was sure to let me know that it had been a horrible experience and that he did NOT want to do it again next year. Good try, buddy! haha... this torture WILL happen each year :-)
The kids wanted to ride the carousel, so we obliged. Jeff was, once again, not happy about it. I swear, y'all, I'm LAUGHING as I type this b/c its so funny to me how GRUMPY Jeff is about Christmas! It used to really make me upset, but now its just becoming funny. He's like Scrooge, for real! But the kids and I LOVE it (in fact, just tonight Rhyan asked me to sing "Rudolph" as her good night song) so we make it fun!
All these pics just crack me up. I swear, he was so traumatized by the Santa pic that he wouldnt smile!!! ha
POUTY Mack! And GRUMPY Jeff... oh, my boys...
Happy GIRLS!!! "Its the most wondeful time of the year!!!" Indeed it is!
Of course you cant go to Bass Pro without a trip to the fish tank to check out the fish! They loved it!
I wanted a pic of the three of them together. I tried several times and THIS is the best I got!
We always finish out the night with dinner in the food court. The hibachi place. YUM! We walked around just a little bit and just checked out the decorations in the mall and had a nice time...Then, Rhyan and I headed to the hospital to visit with Mommie who had bronchitis, while the boys went home so that Mack could get to bed.
The next day, we decorated Mack and Rhyan's trees!!! I cant believe I forgot to get a pic of Rhyans this year... it was SO cute! Hers is pink and we bought her some disney princess ornaments! She loved them!
And of course, we put out our nativity. Apparently, Jesus was cold adn Rhyan took it upon herself to fix that!
LOVE making Christmas memories!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment