I love that around Christmas time, with the extra days off of work, we get to spend time with friends that we normally dont get to visit with very often...
For example, getting to hang with these CRAZY folks from Oak Hill... the praise band! From Left to right there is me (singer), Randy (piano), Sonya (worship leader), Kyle (electric guitar), Ferrell (Drums), Bob (Singer or drums), Kris (Bass), and Keven (acoustic guitar). Love that Kris's "hair" is in Kevens nose.
I wanted a cute pic of my kiddos in their Christmas outfits at church... but they werent having it!
And then, there was lunch with THESE lovely ladies! Ash, me and my BFF Ang.
So, funny story (haha, right?!)...
On the way home from our girls trip this year, I suggested that we all MAKE gifts for one another instead of buying. I was all excited when everyone (Lindsay and Angela) liked the idea. The problem? I forgot that 1. I'm not crafty and 2. I HATE crafting. *sigh*. None the less, i had found a pinterest idea I was in love with and was determined to make their gifts. I bought all the stuff. Started the project. Hated it. And never finished. And literally went to lunch empty handed :-( Ashley isnt so crafty either, as it turns out, so she bought us all bracelets and made some peanut butter ritz crackers dipped in white chocolate (yum). Ang, of course, crocheted us all a scarf. I love it (and am wearing it in this pic!). Lindsay made homemade tea bags (i think?) and dropped them at Angelas house for her to bring to lunch b/c she couldnt come (sick kid i think?!) BUT, ang didnt realize that the three bags were for the 3 of us and thought they were all for her and kept them. LOL! (and she didnt know that unless she's reading this b/c i never told her... haha).
So... operation "Card and a Craft" was a BUST! :-(
Still... these girls (plus the missing lindsay and april) are the BEST!
Random... what a beautiful sky!!!
Another Random: Mack has gotten LOTS of spankings for climbing on the back of our couch... yet he continues to think its worth it ;-) His "perch", as he sees it!
We also had a great time exchanging gifts and hanging out with our friends, Taylor and Shelby! They gave Mack this little Melissa and Doug "tractor trailer" carrying 4 cars and I'll be honest... he plays with that thing all. the. time! He loves it!
How absolutely precious are these friends?!
I'm so grateful that our friends live so close and that Rhyan, since birth, has spent time with them almost every week! Even in the summer we try to let the kids play! Rhyan has really missed Taylor since she started pre-k so these little visits are so fun!
SO grateful for a season that we have time to spend a little time with so many people we love!
No comments:
Post a Comment