Monday, March 11, 2013

Pigeon Forge: Day 2

We started the morning with a trip to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast, which was Oh-So-Yummy! Rhyan ate like a little piggie! A full pancake (which is HUGE at Cracker Barrel), 2 eggs and a piece of bacon. Not to mention a full glass of milk. Oink Oink!!! ;-)

After breakfast, we headed up to the Wal-Mart for a few "supplies". I must say, my family are NOT minimalists at all. Me? I can do without pretty much anything for a few days. But my family "needed" coffee (for sunday morning only?! really?! stop at McDonalds peeps! haha). An hour later, we had gotten everything we needed (which really was just one thing: an allen wrench to loosen Mommie's Oxygen tank if she needed it) and headed back to the cabin for some resting before heading out to Dollywood.

We ended up getting to Dollywood pretty late. This was a HUGE regret of mine :-( I kept telling my family it always takes longer to get there and get in and active than they anticipated but they were afraid of Mommie (and Rhyan) getting tired if we got there too early. Ended up, we didnt have enough time. We all felt rushed :-( I ALSO regretted finding out AFTER our trip that we could have gone on Friday when we got there and that those day passes would also allow us to go again on Saturday after 2pm, which would have been perfect. I dont mean to sound like we didnt have a great time, because we DID! But I felt pressure to make sure that Mommie felt she really got to enjoy the whole weekend and didnt feel rushed seeing as how we dont know if she'll ever get to go anywhere again (not to sound pessimistic) and I felt that I didnt research enough before we went to make sure that happened. Boo!

When we first arrived, we made a list of a couple of shows we wanted to see but Rhyan was DYING to go ride some stuff and my Mama and Jonathan were wanting to try out a couple of the bigger rides. Mommie was just excited to be there and wanted us to have fun and as she said, was "along for the ride". So Rhyan and I headed to the county fair area and found a veggie tales ride... she LOVED IT!

Then, we headed on over to see the Christmas on Ice show. I HAD to take this pic... can you spot Elvis?!
During this particular song, this super bendy lady did this routine to the song "Oh Holy Night"... Rhyan was SO into the song... so much so that she dropped her popcorn and barely looked down and then ASKED FOR HER BIBLE! haha... she said, without ever taking her eyes off of the performance, "Mommie, I need my Bible". I about died laughing. It was definitely a spiritual moment ;-)
After the show, Mama and Jonathan wanted to go ride more rides and Mommie, Rhyan and I decided to go ride the train. Well, apparently the line for the train forms about an hour before the train?! OH my! And it was the LAST train of the night! I was so sad! And then I remembered that there is a separate line for the handicapped, so I asked an attendant and found out where to go... we only had to wait about 15 minutes for the train!!! Rhyan wanted to ride the carousel which is right next to the train, so Mommie waited and watched and we headed over for a ride. Rhyan LOVES a carousel!

We actually boarded the train first (they are SO nice about older people/handicapped!). We took our time getting settled and wrapped up in blankets to make sure we were very warm... it really wasnt a cold day (LUCKED out on GREAT weather!) but once the sun went down it got cool! Not to mention that on the train, theres a bit of wind :-). I held out my iphone and attempted a picture... adn OH, do i treasure this one!
Doesnt Mommie look GREAT?! This is just a very, very precious picture to me!


After the train ride, we headed over to see the Carol of the Trees. I always love this! So many lights!!!


By the time we got out, it was LATE (for Rhyan)! Rhyan hadnt yet eaten dinner so we went through a drive through and got a bite before heading back to the cabin. Rhyan ended up in bed around 10pm!

We all got settled in for the night and rested up before heading out the next morning to come home.

I didnt take any pics to accompany a "Day 3", but it was a special day (baby Avery's dedication!) so it'll have its own post, regardless ;-)

Bottom line, I was SO grateful to spend this weekend with my family! I missed Jeff and Mack, of course, but really Mack is too young to enjoy this and we cant really push his schedule like we can Rhyan's... this trip had too quick of a turn around for him to get any good rest. A not well rested Mack equals a grumpy mack :-) Next time, baby boy!

No comments: