Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mckinnon Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving day, our little family spends the morning together at home.Typically, I try to make something that I'm just sure that the family will LOVE for breakfast and its usually a bit disappointing to watch their reactions... ;-) Still looking for that perfect Thanksgiving and Christmas morning breakfast. For this Thanksgiving, I made pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins. And everyone ate them pretty well!!! Rhyan helped me make them and no one complained, so we'll call it a success. Hopefully, I'll remember to make them again next year! They are SO easy...

I use nap time to make my dishes for Thanksgiving dinner. This year, I made some crock pot mac and cheese and sweet potato casserole, both of which turned out delish! Except it was my first time making the mac and cheese and my family really prefers it in a pan w/ cheese on top, so after that day I cook it in the crock pot and then transfer it to a casserole dish, throw some cheese on top and put it in the oven and let it melt. And voila... its just the way they like it!

This year, Mommie was not feeling up to cooking (she's had a rough year and we were just grateful to have her feeling decent on Thanksgiving!). So my Mama took up the job of cooking the turkey. Which, honestly, had me a little scared (dont be mad, Mama! haha!). But it seriously turned out DELISH! Juicy and yum!
The green beans, broccli and cheese casserole and sweet potato casserole... 3 of about 15 side dishes...
So, while we were setting up (and waiting on my cousin, Tyler, to get there with the PLATES... kinda necessary... and he was 30 minutes late so he was in the dog house... cant have somebody coming between us and our food, youknow!) Mack was playing outside. By an old stump. By himself (Jeff was on the porch). He started crying so i asked Jeff what was wrong and he said "idk, i'm sure he's fine" but I asked him to go check anyways b/c Mack is generally VERY happy outside. Well, he had gotten into an ant bed :-( Needless to say, this is why he got stripped down. And then Jeff decided it was easier to leave him naked to eat.
No bib necessary :-)
The kid table! Trevor (and his mom/my half sister Elizabeth, Rhyan, Jeff and Mack)
Mack was OBSESSED with putting that foot on the table... which is NOT allowed at our home. But his Grammy and "Mayer" (my mommie) told me to leave him alone and that he was fine. They are the boss (to some extent!! ha) so I just let him go. He ate his entire dinner that way.




Sooooo... no one told me that my hair was doing some VERY funky things... thanks alot family!

Mommie and Shlaine
...and Steve
...and Nat



My mom and Rhyan

The dessert table. Isnt that SHAMEFUL!? Egg pie. Hummingbird cake. Key Lime pie. Pumpkin roll. Cookies. Chocolate pecan clusters. Pecan pie. Banana pudding. ALL. HOME. MADE!

Ok... so, get ready for some cuteness ;-)
Mack, shoving his little chipmunk cheeks with cookie and water...








My children are so incredibly blessed to get to spend time with their great grandmother. I really wish that they could have known their other great grandparents, as they truly have some wonderful ones waiting to meet them in heaven.

Thats about it for Thanksgiving! Food. Fun. Nakedness. More food. FaMiLy!

No comments: