Jeff was super supportive and said if nothing else, it'd make for a great girls weekend :-)
So i made my flight reservations for a super early time so they would be super cheap. And 2 other guys from our "team" (whom I had never met) made the same flight. We were talking about all riding together, but Jeff said he didnt feel comfortable with that since we had never met. So he decided to drive me.
Thing is, we dont know anything about the airport. So when we arrived 2.5 yours before my flight, Jeff just went to the biggest and brightest terminal. Turns out, thats delta's INTERNATIONAL terminal. So I had to take a shuttle to the domestic terminal. Which took forever. Why? Because despite the fact that there was a shuttle sitting right there, not busy, the driver wouldnt take me b/c she said she does car rental transfers only.
20 minutes later, a shuttle came up. She asked how long I had waited and I told her. She was pretty upset and said that they are only assigned areas when its BUSY. Which it was not. (I was the ONLY person waiting). She apologized and said she hoped I'd make my flight :-(
Make a long story short, I walked up to the terminal about 1 minute after they closed the gate. The plane was still there! The two other guys had gotten on and all I kept thinking was "I should have rode with the potentially scary two guys who knew where they were going".
THEN, the next flight which I was put on (me and the other 15 people who missed the flight) had mechanical issues. Keep in mind, I had connecting flights. SO, I missed my connecting flight.
Eric and David were SO incredibly kind. They both WAITED for me at the airport despite the fact that my connecting flight ended up landing over 2 hours AFTER theirs (my original flight). What amazing guys! Not so scary after all, huh?! So then, our next issue was getting from the airport to the convention center or hotel. Turns out that another girl, Nikki from New Jersey, had rented a suv and was kind enough to come pick us up. Talk about meeting some strangers and becoming quick friends ;-)
We made it to the convention center where i met even more people who became quick friends!
Nikki!
Stacy, from Valdosta!
The convention was at Cowboys stadium and oh my, it was massive and overwhelming!Danielle (who introduced me to advocare) worked it out so that we could come down on the field. That is a perk reserved for leaders in the company, but she's awesome and wanted to share the experience!
There were some really cool aspects... like the cowboy cheerleaders who came out! Or the incredible speakers who shared. Or the pannel of doctors who filled our heads with all of the best knowledge!
And of course on Sunday, Michael W Smith led worship for us for about an hour. I cracked up at how he plays the piano like Schroder ;-) What a COOL experience! They even had the first ever "advo-choir" ;-)
On the way back, I stuck with David and Erik. And we ended up getting on early flights for BOTH and home a little earlier than expected! I rode home with them (Jeff came and picked me up closer to Davids house) and honestly, they are two of the most upstanding guys I know! I had to get a pic of the plan for my babies!
I learned a TON about advocare that weekend. More about the company and the products. Tons of success stories, both of health regained and finances. I met a ton of people and was more convinced than ever that these products are ones we can trust and that the company is one I want to be a part of :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment