Friday, January 23, 2015

Swim Atlanta Lessons!

For 3 years now we've done swim lessons at Swim Atlanta. The kids LOVE the water and neither of them have ANY fear of the water, so they need skills for sure! This years lessons were unfortunately AFTER our beach vaca but we decided to do them regardless... because we do go to the water park weekly and so the skills would still be put to good use!

I really wanted (and still want) to put the kids into survival swim classes. But O.M.G.... talk about EXPENSIVE! The place I checked into for lessons do 10-15 min lessons and want you to preschedule 20 lessons I think. And its $600. PER KID. We were in the middle of renovations on the house and there was NO way I could justify that amount of money when we were already spending so much! So we stuck with Swim Atlanta and while I still would have prefered the survival class, I was happy with what they learned!
Rhyan was, of course, a great listener and did awesome in her class. She follwed directions and learned a good bit about paddle/stroke swimming!

Mack, on the other hand... pulled a "mack". Jeff was the one taking the kids to their classes (I was working) and on the first day apparently Mack pitched a fit to not have to swim. So Jeff didnt make him. I was upset for sure! I asked Jeff why he didnt just make him and jeff explained that he felt like since Mack didnt ASK to take swim lessons we shouldnt make him. I explained that if Mack wants the privileged of getting to go to the water park and play in the pool, he WOULD take the lessons and learn some safety skills if nothing else.

So I had a BIG talk with Mack that night and the next day went much, much smoother! :-)



Mack had one other day that he refused to go in the water... ugh... but overall he did well.

I like to get pics with the kids on their last day with their teacher, so this is Rhyan!




And this is macks picture. He REFUSED a pic and ran away from his teacher when I tried. Oh, Mack!

Maybe we will do survival swim courses this year... idk... i'd LOVE to do all 3 kids (they can start with babies at 6 months old and teach them how to float! its amazing!) but idk. I'm still shocked at how much it COSTS! I mean, if we had a pool in our own back yard I'd pay it, period, and consider it part of the cost of the pool. But since we dont its just a hard amount to swallow... i mean for 3 kids... thats the cost of a family vacation! Whew!

No comments: