Thursday, January 15, 2015

Amelia Island: Day 5

Day 5 we had to head back out to the beach! Honestly, I dont really love the beach that much. I love going to the beach, but not actually going into the ocean. I dont like how sticky you feel when you come out, how the sand sticks to you, etc. But i LOVE watching my kids (and Jeff!) enjoy the ocean/beach! They have a BLAST and that brings me SO much joy!
For a big part of this day, Rhyan pretty much hung out at the tent with me and made fun stuff in the sand... She definitely ventured to the ocean and back a few times but we enjoyed some shade, too!
I love this picture of Mack... This bed of shells that had washed up was so fascinating to him... and his reaction to it was fascinating to US! He kept walking across them, almost like how people walk across hot coals.... Over and Over and Over!  Then he would collect some in a bucket and then toss them away again! He was cracking me up. He's just such a boy and I ADORE watching what interests him!
Rhyan, on the other hand, was content to just look at the washed up shells and find pretty ones to take!


It was such a relaxing, easy going day! After the beach, we headed back in for the usual... naps and pool time after naps. Then we ordered in some dinner and just chilled out at the condo.

I cant wait till the kids get a little older and we can do game nights at the beach, etc. We have so many years (God willing) to make such fun memories as a family and I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to do so!

No comments: