Thursday, January 15, 2015

Amelia Island: Day 6

On day 6, Jason/Liz/Avery and our clan decided to start the day off a little different... with a trip out to eat breakfast! We had heard of a great little place that was an old gas station turned restaurant that we thought we'd try!
It was definitely different... and personally for Jeff and I, it was just our style! We love home town little places with country food! So when we saw biscuits, gravy, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc on the menu, we knew we were going to be eatin' good!

It was pretty busy inside and such a beautiful day so we decided to eat outside at a picnic table! The kids got a little antsy and got done eating before we did so we let them play close to us in the eating area of the parking lot... and of course I grabbed a couple of pics!


After breakfast we let the kids play at one of the (many) public playgrounds! They had a blast but the bugs were kind of bad and we kept getting bit! So we headed back to the condo to hang out at the pool. After the kids played for a bit and when the pool was EMPTY, I decided to take a peek at the difference in the color of my preggo belly vs my tan legs... HA! I was cracking up!
Sorry... I know that was scary! But I was shocked at how WHITE I am! hehe!

Another fun day and relaxing evening on the books and one more to go! But i took NO pics on our last full day! Jason and Liz left after lunch that day (the rest of us left the next morning) so of course we missed them! But we had a great time soaking up our last moments of the breeze and sunshine!

We packed up and left on Saturday morning. I told Jeff that I had gotten "everything" out of the master (meaning my things because he was packing up his own stuff and taking it out). Well, he assumed that meant that I had gotten his hanging clothes out of the closet. And of course I assumed he had gotten them becasue he had gotten ALL of the rest of his stuff. So, his shirts got left in Amelia island. What to know the funny thing? He did the SAME thing last year. You'd think we'd have learned our lesson by now! HA! So luckily Jeff's mom was able to get the lady who rents out the condo to ship the shirts (and oh bless, his precious hangers too!) and we just paid the shipping.
Maybe this coming year's trip will end with EVERYTHING we brought coming home with us :-)


No comments: