Last family vaca as a family of 4! And already our van looked like this!
We typically stop at this gas station/petting zoo on the way so we did so again on this trip. And I remembered why I semi-hate doing it... b/c the kids always get super sleepy and cranky right around this point in the trip and what we NEED to do is to eat around this point and then let them sleep. What we've been doing, however, is stopping here, then going about 45 min up the road and doing lunch at cracker barrell but by that time they are asleep and we have to wake them and then they dont want to fall back asleep. Ugh. Hopefully this coming year we'll remember to do better ;-)
As always, Jeff loved the animals. Rhyan didnt seem as thrilled this year, though and poor Mack kept having gnats getting INTO his eyes and ears! He was freaked out (as was I!) so it was a short stop!
Yeah... they were both pretty miserable. It was super hot. and humid and gnats were everywhere!
But while we were at lunch, I indulged in this yummy-ness! I was trying to be pretty mindful of what I ate b/c I kept measuring larger than my weeks gestation at my dr's appts. But some things cant be avoided!
We made it to the beach around 3:30 and we headed straight to the BEACH! Well, we got our luggage out first. But then... to the BEACH with Gran and Grandad!
And we found this dead crab... ewwwww!
And we found this little fella, too! Mack is pretty open to holding almost anything!
This boy LOVES his Grandad and they have a blast playing together :-)
And before heading back we ran across this dead jellyfish. Double ewwwww!
Finally, as if we had not seen enough interesting creatures, we came across this armadillo! Strange!
We got back to our room and had some dinner that Jeff's parents were kind enough to bring so we wouldnt have to go out on that first night. Then we got the kids all snug and tucked in and then got the rest of our stuff unpacked. It wasnt a bad trip down at all and the weather was off to a nice start!
No comments:
Post a Comment