Thursday, January 16, 2014

Rhyan's Thanksgiving Program

Rhyan's class had a Thanksgiving Party! And I was able to attend :-) I have been loving all the free time that I've had to be able to be there for my baby girl's school functions!

Mrs. Stacy and Mrs. Amy,  Rhyan's teachers, had planned a Thanksgiving play for the kids to perform for us as a SURPRISE! I kind of wish I would have known so I could have taken my video camera for Jeff to be able to see it, too! Rhyan was the one little Indian Woman and had one line, which was hilarious. Ready for it? Her one line: "shhhhhh". HA! She was a FABULOUS "shhhh"-er :-) if I do say so myself!

The Kids had made placemats and hats for their spots at the table! Super cute!
And in the middle of the table were the "centerpieces"... a rock wrapped in decorative paper to make a "fire"


I asked Rhyan if she wanted her picture with any of her friends or her teachers, but she didnt. I asked for one with me and she agreed to that, but ONLY that one. This girl is so picky! HA!

Is it just me or does she look straight up OLD in this picture?! Not like a baby at ALL anymore! *sigh*
We had snacks and Mack refused to let me get a pic of him at all. The one hard part was that he wanted to stand WITH Rhyan during the little play and obviously couldnt so I had to take him out and give him the choice to be quiet or get a spanking. He chose to be quiet, but I hated missing any of the play! I might have missed a "Shh!" ;-)

Rhyan learned so much about what it means to be thankful in her school this year! I love that Hebron focuses so much on the biblical meaning of each season and encourages bible verse memorization. History is super important, but she will learn in time the specifics of how we came to celebrate Thanksgiving. For now, I'm grateful that she is learning that EVERY DAY we are so much to be thankful for and there are so many ways to show it!

No comments: