I have to answer questions about myself and then create new questions for others.
1. What made you decide to start blogging? This is hard to remember because its been so long ago that I started blogging! I do remember when I switched to blogspot and really became consistent in my blogging.... when i had our first baby, Rhyan! I think prior to her birth, I wrote because I love to write. After, I wrote to brag about my baby :-)
2. What makes you laugh? My husband. Hands down, his dry humor gets me every time.
3. Do you own any rare or weird items? Jeff owns an army issued 45 pistol from WWII. Its really cool and was his grandfathers. Let me rephrase... it is Jeff's dad's gun and we have "borrowed" it. Indefinitely ;-). We also have a house full of sentimental furniture/photo's from our families. We're suckers for that kind of stuff and it makes our house feel like home to us!
4. What song/songs do you have an emotional connection with and why? As a lover of music, this is a TOUGH one for me. 1. Desert Song by Hillsong is an all time favorite. Not long after I lost my 1st baby and we were having trouble conceiving Rhyan, I was in a bad place spiritually and this song came to me. I dont even remember how! But the lead singer shared her testimony on youtube about how she lost her baby at 6 months gestation and that after getting out of the hospital, she had this concert she was leading and while everyone told her she didnt have to do it, she said that it made her feel whole to worship God in the midst of her troubles. That, for her, to be able to stand and sing songs about how God is still God in the desert, that the song itself ministered to her and that her heart was lifted as she was faithful to do as God called her to do, no matter how painful it was. Her testimony and this song is what broke me out of my own "dark place" as I once again realized that it's important to be faithful and to not trust our deceitful hearts/emotions during hard times, but that instead we should cling to the Lord and His truths. 2.Best Friend by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill is such a sweet reminder of mine and Jeff's relationship. It came out around the time we were engaged/married and it was such a precious song that was/is so true for us! 3. Strawberry Wine takes me back to high school and fun times spent with friends (um, but not with wine). Homecomings, Proms, etc... oh, good times!!!
5. When or at what age did you consider yourself an adult? Hmm... i guess when I became a parent? But I was 29 then so I'm PRETTY sure I was an adult before then :-)
6. What do you do to stay in shape/healthy? Until a month or so ago, my answer would have been "nothing". lol! But I'm proud to say that for more than a month now, I've been doing "bootcamp" at my church on Monday and Thursday of each week for an hour. I'm also taking the kids for a walk around the neighborhood 3 days a week and *trying* to run once a week at least. But, i run like a 40 minute mile or something so i'm pretty sure babies crawl faster :-) And i'm trying to watch what I eat, although i'll admit that i just ate 3 freshly baked cookies. But i'm sick and injured from working out so i "need" them :-)
7. Would the person you are now be friends with the person you were as a child/teenager? Probably not. I was such a know it all :-( And I was so bossy! Keeping up with everyone and making sure they were behaving. Just a *tad* legalistic, I'd say. HA! But that was as a teen because, DUH, teens know EVERYTHING! But as a child, I think i was pretty tender hearted and sweet. I wonder what happened to me?! ;-)
8. Do you think Modern family is so funny or what? If not, what is your favorite comedy? I wouldnt know because I dont watch it. My favorite comedy is the office or scrubs. But i only watch them in syndication, never the current season.
9. What do you do for "adult time?" Whats that?! Hmmm... bootcamp?
10. How many cm is your head? (running out of questions here - ha!) I have NO idea and dont know where my measuring tape is!
11. What is
more powerful than God? More evil than the devil? Rich people want it,
poor people have it. And if you eat it you die? NOTHING! (or so says google :-) )
PS. Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows: (1) Post 11 things about yourself, (2) Answer the questions that your nominating blogger has set for you and then create 11 questions for your nominees, (3) choose up to 11 blogs to nominate and link them in your post, (4) go to their respective blogs and let them know, and (5) no tag backs
PS. Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows: (1) Post 11 things about yourself, (2) Answer the questions that your nominating blogger has set for you and then create 11 questions for your nominees, (3) choose up to 11 blogs to nominate and link them in your post, (4) go to their respective blogs and let them know, and (5) no tag backs
Ok, so its my turn to nominate! Hope yall dont mind!

1 comment:
Love it! What is it about the cookies!? Sooo hard to pass them up!!!
Post a Comment