Friday, April 1, 2011

Our First Trip to the Library!

A couple of months ago, I started looking into something that Rhyan and I could do together where I could be with her but see her interact with other kids. On the top of my list was toddler gymnastics. Theres a place in Dacula that I liked, but they didnt offer classes at times that worked for us and honestly, it was more money than I wanted to spend. Then, thanks to tracy, I found this great place in Winder that was cheap and I was excited! Until I found out that they only do classes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings... two of the three mornings that I work each week :-(

But two weeks ago, Tracy sent home a schedule of toddler activities offered by our local libraries... for FREE! 1st off, isnt she wonderful to be that thoughtful? And secondly, doesnt free ROCK?! So Rhyan and I headed up to the library this past monday for the 10:15am toddler time of reading. It was GREAT!

The sweet lady started off with doing a felt board and talking about rainy days. Fit right along with the weather for the day (planned, i'm sure) so that was cool! She talked about umbrellas, clouds, etc... Then, she sang a sweet little song letting the kids know it was time to be good listeners and read the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to them. I got some cute pics of Rhyan chilling out and listening to the story :-)

Then, she took the kids over for an activity. This particular day, they played with sheer scarves. They played "peek-a-boo" with them and danced with them. Rhyan loved it! No pics of that, but it was adorable, trust me!

After the activity, all of the kids came back to the sitting area where they all sang another song and then got in line to receive their hand stamp (a rain cloud and drops).

She politely told the nice lady "tane-tu" for her stamp. She really is a sweetie!!!!
Then, the kids had free time. Rhyan was obsessed with walking up and down those little stairs and practiced that for a loooooong time. This little boy (who's name i never can remember!) followed her around and did everything she did. Cute.
Man, those steps wear a girl out!
And finally, she wanted to play on the computer. These are mini-mac's set up just for children with kids games. They are definitely for kids a little older, but she loved trying it out!

We had a great time and it was so fun to see how independent she is! She didnt follow any kids around, but boy, did they follow her (some, anyways). She had a blast doing her own thing and I loved watching her! We will DEFINITELY be going back!

No comments: