Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award!

Here's the rules of this award:

1. Link back to and thank the person who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 5 stylish blogs you read
4. Contact them and let them know you've given them the award!


Ok, so Emily at The Journey of Parenthood recently chose me for a stylish blogger award! Funny, seeing as how I dont consider my blog to be particularly "stylish" and use it mainly as a way to keep up with our family for our blog book! But, I'll play along and consider it a little flattering :-)

So I have to share 7 things about myself, huh? And I suppose they are supposed to be interesting things... which is a little difficult since I have a pretty boring life! (thankfully so!). But here it goes, anyways!

1. I'm in my 7th month (32weeks) of my pregnancy and am having a baby boy early June! I am carrying this baby very differently than I did Rhyan... this little fella is all out front and boy, is he big! Just Monday I went for a checkup and found out that while I should be measuring 32cm (the same # of cm as weeks along), I'm actually measuring 37! Did anyone other than me gasp at that?! I've only gained 22lbs (officially, according to Dr. Pohls office) so its not that i'm gaining too much fat... apparently the baby is just a little big. It can also be that he hasn't "dropped" yet. Lets hope thats the case!

2. I'm a dental hygienist. I really, really like my job. I love my patients and (most of) the girls I work with! In 7th grade when we had to shadow a professional in a career we were interested in, I shadowed my dentist :-) I love helping people be healthier and learn about their bodies and how our immune system works. I love getting to know people and not having to form some great bond that requires that I call them daily (more on this later) but instead, feeling like i'm catching up with an old friend every 6 months :-)

3. I'm an only child. I am very independent because of that. People who seem to "need" for me to talk to them daily in order to maintain a friendship are people that i AVOID! They freak me out a little :-) This plays into why I enjoy my job so much! I dont get attached to people easily but that doesnt mean that I dont care. I'm just not one to check in daily.

4. Jeff and I have been married for 10 years this August! Which means we've been "together" (as in, dating plus married) for 15 years! Thats almost 1/2 our lives! I love that we've grown up together and know pretty much everything about each other. We used to say that we were going somewhere great for our 10 year celebration, but little did we know then that we'd be having baby #2 this summer!

5. I was scared when I was preggo with Rhyan of being a Mom. Because of the fact that I'm an only child, I had not a clue as to what to do with her once we had her :-) I read lots of books and we've kind of just figured it out as we've gone. Turns out, we're not terrible parents after all! We make mistakes like all parents do, but I think she's turning out pretty well so far. This go round, I feel much more comfortable. Possibly to the point of being a little slack. I hope it all comes back to me! ha!

6. I'm slightly obsessed with Survivor and The Young and the Restless. There are several other shows that I like, but these two shows i simply WILL NOT MISS! :-) Jeff is the one who got me hooked on Y&R b/c he started watching it in college. I made fun of him for years but then one day I was sick and it came on and I just sat and watched it... and havent missed an episode since!

7. Lastly... what else? I'm kind of a weirdo about feet. I love baby feet but think adult feet are kind of gross. But i cant help but to look at them even (or ESPECIALLY) if they're gross! I mean, why is it that some people think that toenails that are so long that they cant wear shoes are normal? I mean, geez!

Ok, so there are some things about me.
And I'm supposed to choose 5 people to pass this on to...
So i choose
1. Rachael
2. Katie
3. Lindsay
4. Natalia
5. Nicole

No comments: