Monday, April 11, 2011

Jeff's 31st Bday/ Petting Zoo!

We had a BLAST celebrating Jeff's 31st birthday on Sunday! Church in the morning, a lazy afternoon while Rhyan napped and then a trip to the Yellow River Game Ranch with a free provino's birthday dinner to end the day! Can it get any better?!

Allright, so I'll admit that I tend to take (and post) wayyyyy too many pictures. BUT, in my defense, this will become our family blog book and I quit printing pics when I started doing blog books so I like to make sure that all of my favorites make it into the book!

Ok, on to the fun pics. Rhyan absolutely LOVED the animals and had no fear whatsoever!

The first animal we saw....

a "chi-chin" ("bock bock")

Since it was the end of the day there were lots of uneaten crackers on the ground and Rhyan caught on really quickly to feeding them to the animals!

This cracks me up... the deer was a good 5 feet from her but she kept saying "here a go"

But she realized really quickly that it was okay to go closer. She LOVED the deer!

A "towwwwwww"


I was scared to death that this ram was going to bite her... she, on the other hand, had NO fear!


A run-away goat named "Houdini"... she said he was "nice"

So "nice" in fact, that he deserved a KISS! ahhh!

She even loved the PIG!


SCORE for a great pic of Rhyan and I!!!

Rhyan wanted to feed the baby ducks a cracker, but they didnt see her offering it!

So, as you can see in the pic here, she decided to eat some of it herself. Keep in mind, it came off the ground! ick!

Saddest moment of the day: Rhyan got tired of carrying her cup and so instead of putting it back in her stroller, she threw it on the ground. When we told her to pick it up, she just stared at us and wouldnt. So we literally made her bend over and pick it up which, apparently, was quite tragic. So she cried. And so Daddy had a little discipline moment with her. Which, to me= Photo OP! haha!

Sweet girl decided she didnt like us after that so she wanted to walk the opposite way. Until she decided she was "tired" (sounds more like "ty-yerd") and asked us to "hold you" :-) All the sudden, we were okay again!

And by the time we got to the bunnies, all was forgotten. She wanted the bunnies to eat the peanuts she had for them SO badly, but they wanted the lettuce!


Most of the bunnies were out of the little house, but a couple remained which really bothered her



Final stop: Provino's. YUM!

What a great day to celebrate! Rhyan and I love the man in our lives so very much and were glad to get to have some fun as a family that day!

No comments: