Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mack turned TWO!

Mack turned TWO ON June 6th! 
We started the morning wit the obligatory  pancakes :-)


...and he requested grapes. There were lots of options but he seriously loves grapes!
I've said before that we decided a couple of years ago to stop doing BIG kids parties for birthdays. Instead, we go somewhere fun as a family and enjoy a day together. So, we decided to take the kids to Lanier World for his birthday! Not a bad way to spend the day, right?! We also allowed Rhyan to try out another slide. These white double slides are right beside the kiddie area and so I could stand and watch Mack and get to see Rhyan and Jeff, too!
Jeff made a BIG splash... so big that you couldnt see Rhyan! HA!
There she is! ;-)
She decided she wanted to do it again, but the lifeguard told her she couldnt sit up and had to lay down... so she decided she didnt like it so much after all (you go way faster laying down). Back to the kiddie area!
Tip: bring your own toys to lake lanier! The little store inside has lots of options to buy, but of course its mega $$$. So we just brought our own a few times and they enjoyed playing in the water AND the sand!

Mack loved having his Daddy swing him around through the water spouts!









So, remember how I said we learned on our "test run" that we needed to get Mack to nap at the park?! Well, his birthday was our first attempt. We packed a lunch and "snuck" it in (in the bottom of the stroller... really, they just dont want you bringing in anything other than water for beverages but depending on who checks bags most of them will let you go with your lunch as long as you have water). And brought the stroller to help us out with naptime.

We let the kids play from the time we got there till about 12:30 when we all sat down for lunch. After lunch, Rhyan and Jeff went to explore the slides together and I took mack on a walk in the stroller. I told him it was naptime and he needed to lie down and go to sleep. He literally said "okay" and laid there quietly as we walked. He was out in no time so I walked back to our seats and rested, too (no worries, I didnt sleep... he was safe). I put a towel down for him to lay on to make the stroller softer and put another towel over the stroller to keep noise down. He slept for 2 hours!
After Mack napped, Jeff stayed in the kiddie area or wave pool while Rhyan and I explored the carnival rides they have that open at 3pm. Mack isnt tall enough for most of them so it was easier to have him play and not have to deal with his disappointment. The Ferris Wheel was a lot of fun but man, its facing the sun and boy, its HOT in the summer with those rays beaming down!
Poor Mack is pretty much only big enough to ride the cars and the carousel. And Jeff and I neither one like the carousel. BUT, right next to it is the tilt a whirl (better named by jeff the tilt a hurl! lol) and since Jeff cant really stomach that ride too well and I love it, I get to avoid the carousel. Usually ;-)

On their 4th or 5th ride of the day!  Thats the only problem. Once Mack gets on... getting him off!
We left around 4pm and Rhyan napped in the car for about 20 minutes on the way home. We enjoyed dinner together as a family and made final preparations for our little family party the next day! Mack's birthday was a GREAT day and we had a blast celebrating our little man!

No comments: