Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pigeon Forge Trip: Day 1

My Mommie turned 80 this year. I cant even begin to imagine all of the changes she's experienced in her lifetime! Dirt roads to paved, outhouses to indoor plumbing (thank you Jesus!), very little technology to computers and tv's in every home (including hers!). She's experienced a lot! And has really handled it well. I dont know if i'll grow "old" so gracefully. I already shy away from new technology and i'm just 31!!! :-)

Anyways, Shlaine and I decided to treat Mommie to a trip to Pigeon Forge for her 80th birthday. She loves all the Christmas lights in Dollywood, so we held off on the trip until the 1st weekend of December.

We left Friday morning after Rhyan, Mommie and I shared a yummy breakfast, courtesy of Mommie :-) Tracy kept the kids on Friday (and then my fabulous husband/baby daddy extraordinaire kept them the rest of the weekend, something Mommie is still impressed with!)

We grabbed a drive through lunch on the way, I used my navigation system in the van (love it!) and we arrived at the Red Roof Inn around 2:30. For a fairly inexpensive place, I thought it was pretty nice! They served a continental breakfast each morning and had the place decorated nicely, had an indoor pool and hot tub and very nice employees!

We got settled and rested up for a little bit. We discussed what our plans should be and decided that since Mommie and I were both wanting to see Breaking Dawn: Part I, that we would inclulde that in our weekend. Shlaine had already seen it but she's always up for watching any of the twilight films again (and again and again!).

We headed back out to explore the Christmas shops and had a great time looking at all the decorations.

Shlaine is now in love with my fancy DSLR camera b/c its the ONLY camera she can have her pic made with that she doesnt blink with! Beautiful!!!

Mommie even attempted to blend in with some of said decorations :-)
We headed over to the Apple Barn for some yummy food. I set up my camera on a timer in hopes of a good pic when the nice guy at the table beside us offered to snap one for us!
After dinner we headed over to the theater to lust over/watch some vampires and werewolves!

Back at the hotel, things got a little crazy. We started talking aobut our feet somehow and before I knew it we were dying laughing and taking pics of our toes. Seriously, we laughed and took pics and laughed and looked at pics for a loooong time. We were crazy. Possibly delirious :-)



And even stranger, we finished off the night with Mommie demonstrating her crazy flexibility!
Our first day/night was a BLAST!

No comments: