My mom's birthday is May 29th and usually falls on or right around Memorial Day weekend. Often, we will celebrate her birthday at the family cookout, but this year, since her bday fell on Wednesday, we decided to hold out so she wouldnt be sad that all the celebrating was over already :-)
Rhyan and i decided to make her a cake and Rhyan wanted to pick out the cake. Lucky for Mama, she picked a pink lemonade cake with lemon icing. haha.... good thing Grammy is a good sport!
Wednesday's can be crazy around here because its my late day at work and church night. So we decided to celebrate on Thursday (but were sure to call and tell her happy birthday ON her big day!). Rhyan and I had decided to make Mama a south hill designs locket necklace for her bday and had gone to my friend, Ashley's house to design it on Sunday. We were both so excited to see her reaction!
I wish I would have gotten a close up picture because it really is neat. We included little birthstones for the grandkids, a cross, a pretty little flower and some pearl beads. It turned out super cute and I would definitely recommend the company!
You can see all they have to offer at their website http://www.charminglocketsoflove.com/
And just fyi, ashley has NO idea i'm bragging on her or her company and yes, i paid full price for ours. And no, i'm not getting any kind of kick back for recommending her. I just think the necklaces are cool :-)
Happy Birthday, Mama!!! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment