Monday, September 23, 2013

Family Time

On the evening that Mama and Rhyan went to Disney on Ice, Jeff and I decided to take Mack to Bay Creek Park in Grayson. Jeff wanted to get in a good run so I called and invited Mommie to come with us!
We had a great time watching him climb and play... he was so cute and was definitely in a stage of calling anyone he loves "Mama" or "Mommy". And since I call my grandmother (technically) "mommie", he joined right in. ;-) We got a kick out of it!

He had a great time riding with Mommie all around in her wheelchair.
It was such an amazingly beautiful evening!!!
We had a great time soaking up the rays and just being outdoors. Mommie really enjoyed getting out of the house, too, so it was a win all around!

The next Monday, I thought I'd score some "cool mom" points and build a fort for the kiddos! I even put their little chairs in there for them to have a pretend picnic!



... and it lasted all of about 5 minutes before they tore it down. Oh well, I tried! 
I assume I'm not the only one who tries really hard to do something fun for the kids that turns out to be a bit of a flop, right?! ;-)

No comments: