Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mothers Day weekend!

Mothers Day Weekend was FULL of fun and family! Just the way I like it!!! This first pic was a gift from our church... they had photographers set up in the church to make family pics for mom's (what a great idea! I was pretty excited that ours turned out so well! Particularly the fact that MACK was looking!

I also just have to say that the service at Bethlehem that morning was AMAZING. Jason (our pastor) read a "thank you" to all the moms that no doubt left no dry eyes in the place. He had all the mom's stand and said something along the lines that because you do so much and we are not great about telling you how much we appreciate you, let me say this and know that every husband and child in this place feels the same way...
Behind him, there were pictures of lots of the church member's kids (mostly preschoolers) scrolling. It was the most precious thing ever, and really, I think it kept my "love tank" full for a few weeks! HA!
On Saturday, Mama invited us to Oak Hill to attend the mother/daughter banquet. I decided to allow Rhyan to come for the first time, which turned out okay. She was so excited to get to go with us!

We had a yummy lunch of some chicken pasta, salad and cake. I was so grateful for this sweet pic, too!



That night, we attended a wedding! Our youth pastor (from Pleasant grove and Oak Hill...) Randy Little's daughter, Megan, got married! Knowing her since she was just a little thing, it made us feel a little OLD to be attending her wedding! They got married at Megan's grandparents farm about an hour and a half away. It was an easy drive, but regardless, we are always up for a kid free night, no matter where it is!

The whole thing was really so reflective of Megan and Austin! In these days of pinterest, people have the BEST ideas at their weddings!!! Exhibit A: forget having a program... check out this great idea!
Prepare to tear up ;-) Megan and Austin's dads are BOTH ordained ministers so while Randy walked Megan down the isle, Austin's dad opened up the wedding ceremony. It was really so sweet and, obviously, made the entire service SO special and unique.
Randy pretty much cried through most of the ceremony ;-) Which, in turn, made most of us cry!
Blurry... BOO! But here I am with the bride (in an amazing dress!) and another church friend, Tara!


How beautiful is that land?!
It was a great evening and a fun date night for sure! Most everyone (including the bride) wore boots!

Then, after church on Sunday, the Ford family enjoyed our yearly tradition of hibachi! It was SO good!

LOL! This face cracks me up!

My sweet girl on mothers day!
Like Emily, I feel like when I take pics of the kids with others, i always get them to smile. And then I get pics like this when i'm not behind the camera. Really, Jeff? You couldnt crop out the fella in the back? ;-)

Gran and Grandad with their grandbabies! Avery (poor baby had ANOTHER bout of pink eye!), Rhyan and Mack! We tried, at least!
Ahhh... MUCH better :-)

That evening, we continued with our tradition of taking Mommie and Mama out to longhorns for dinner. Mama and I went in together and got Mommie a necklace and matching earrings!



And of course we attempted a pic... once again... unsuccessful. HA!

I am incredibly blessed to have enjoyed such a FULL weekend. Its possible that I may have put on a few pounds with all of that yummy food, but I was willing to sacrifice :-)

No comments: