Thursday, September 19, 2013

Disney On Ice!

I went back and forth this year about whether or not to take Rhyan and Mack to Disney on Ice. I wanted to take Rhyan and honestly felt like Mack wasnt old enough to really enjoy it (or at least not old enough to warrant paying for a ticket!). But I felt bad thinking of taking one and not the other.

THEN, I had the idea to give the tickets to my mom for mothers day! She loves taking the kids places and so I figured this would be a better gift idea than the typical flowers that die :-). I asked her (my mom) if she would like this as her mothers day gift and she was SO excited!

I'll admit that I was a little sad to not be the one experiencing this for the first time with my girl, but I try pretty hard to be ok with her experiencing firsts with more than just her Daddy and I. I try, I said ;-)

We kept it as a surprise for Rhyan until the day of. She really didnt know what it was but I told her there would be some disney princesses and so she was excited. I also told her she could wear one of her princess dresses if she wanted and THAT made her REALLY excited! She was so proud of her outfit!

She was also kind of in a I-take-a-stuffed-animal-with-me-everywhere phase. Hence, the monkey.


My sister in law (Liz) took my niece (Avery) and they texted me a couple of pics of my mom and Rhyan (Liz saw them at intermission and offered to take a couple... how SWEET!). Unfortunately, I somehow erased our text's in an attempt to free up storage on my phone. BOO!

They went to dinner after the show at "Old Mcdonalds" and Rhyan came home all smiles, but with one complaint: "there wasnt Belle!". She was hoping to see Belle... however, ever since the show, she's been all about Tinkerbelle, who WAS in the show. A trade off ;-)

I was pretty excited that they had such a great time!

No comments: