Thursday, December 20, 2012

Parents Trip: Day 2

I woke around 8am... to Jeff sitting on the couch saying "about time you woke up! I've been trying to be quiet since 6:30". LOL! I guess his internal clock doesnt understand what vacation means :-) 

Luckily, I get ready really quickly! So we headed out to find some breakfast. And ended up at some little hole in the wall place (well, after a quick stop by the verizon store so Jeff could get a case for his new smart phone). It was kind of shocking to me that there were people smoking inside... I get so used to GA's/Gwinnett's no smoking laws... it made me really, really grateful for those laws! But the food was yum-o, so we could get past the smoke for this once :-) I mean, who cant appreciate a menu like this?
Ahhh... some of my favorite things :-)
After breakfast, we headed to the mall area where Jeff's half marathon would start and did a little window shopping. Jeff was a little bored :-)
I couldnt help but to take a pic of these owls for Linsay!
We headed out from there to pick up Jeff's number for the race and then back to the hotel for some relaxation! I couldnt help but to giggle at how girls are always swooning over "pool boys"... ours, nice as he was, didnt really fit that sterotype! haha
We sat by the pool and read and just relaxed. It was warm! Not warm enough for me to get in the pool (regardless of how warm jeff swore it was!) but nice enough to enjoy the sun :-)
 
 I couldnt help but to be excited to try to get a touch of sun! lol! PALE GIRL ALERT!
Jeff headed up to the hotel room to take a nap and I decided to take a short stroll on the beach. It really was beautiful. And quiet. October is a GREAT month to hit the beach!
But the water was COLD! So this is as far as these little piggies went :-)

Jeff has complained for a solid year now that last year we did not hit up an all you can eat seafood buffet. So this year, we made sure to revisit a favorite of ours..
My joke for the night: While Jeff was "carb loading" for the race, I was "crab loading" HA!
Seriously, it was delicious! We LOVE crab!



After diner, we decided to play a round of putt-putt. We havent done that in AGES! Like, since we were dating, maybe?! Anyhoo... this is a pic of ONE of my THREE hole in ones :-) I took Jeff to putt-putt school!
Tabulating his pitiful score and shedding tears over the fact that i WON...

He of course challenged me to a second game... where I started off strong but ended up losing by 10? I give up when I see that i'm losing. Yes, i'm competitive. To a point that I become a bit of a brat. Sore loser. I know. :-( But we really did have fun!
We had bought some bread for Jeff to have some peanut butter toast before the race the next morning so we decided to share with the ducks. There were tons of them! All we kept saying is "Rhyan and Mack would LOVE THIS!" We took video and pics for them :-)

We headed back to the hotel and were in bed by 10pm I think?! Jeff had an early day for the race the next day and I'll just admit it... we're OLD and like our sleep.
Day 2=success :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[p]Well-designed stores by the design department of Paris perfect combination of tradition and innovation, and continued the Louis Vuitton store unique decorative design, brought to show the craftsmanship and innovative designs of Louis Vuitton boutique: including the core spirit of the brand luggage and leather products, reflects the professional skills of the watch series, trendy fashion accessories [url=http://www.replicalouisvuittonsalee.com]replica louis vuitton wallet[/url] collection . What online on Louis Vuitton bags on our shop? Considering getting a portfolio to show your approach and different, here's a good place to waterfall . Commonly used cleaners or tools: detergent, Amway, Pearl Bailey, collar net toothpaste, alcohol, eraser, soft brush, bleach, 84 disinfectant (only for white bag processing) do-it-yourself fine use cleaning agents: the amount of water (not too much) into the milk> 50 grams, 30 grams of detergent, 20 grams of alcohol, mixed with a soft brush dipped in liquid, gently brush, and then a wet towel foam wipe ok . Undoubtedly [url=http://www.cheappchanelhandbagssale.com]discount chanel handbags sale[/url] what you need in many online shops that you have at your disposal you will find . 14 billion [url=http://www.cheappchanelhandbagssale.com]chanel handbags online sale[/url] euros ($ 1 . (8) If you really do not DIY maintenance your bag, then to wash laundry bags [url=http://www.lvbags2013forsale.com]lv bags on sale[/url] to deal with it . Hot main colors and the use of metal accessories for this season's vitality revealed . First wipe the oil on a [url=http://www.chanel255flapbag.co.uk]chanel 2.55 replica[/url] clean cotton cloth, then wipe the surface evenly . A t t e n t i o n b e f o r e d r a w i n g y o u r c r e d i t c a r d , m a k e s u r e t h a t i t i s [url=http://www.cheapchanelpurses.co.uk]chanel purses[/url] a n o r i g i n a l a n d n o t a c o u n t e r f e i t.[/p]