Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rhyan's New 'Do

My friend/patient/hairstylist is the BEST. Not that you'd know it by looking at my hair, but in all fairness, I dont give her much to work with and she does the best she can. Oh, and I dont fix it like she tells me to :-) But my own hair tragedies are not her fault! I'm cursed with thin/fine/wavy hair that only looks "thick" when I'm preggo. So my "good hair days" are coming to an end.
Anyhoo, Alex told me when I was seeing her for my appointment recently that I could bring Rhyan by sometime and she'd cut her hair for me (for free?! WOW!). Seeing as how i trust Alex completely, I couldnt think of anywhere I'd rather take her.
Rhyan, unfortunately, has inherited my hair. Poor kid. Here are some "before" shots of the stringy-ness:


As you can see, her hair is wavy, as well. Slightly un-manageable.
This was Rhyan's 2nd professional haircut. Her first was at "Snip-it's" in Snellville and was not a good experience. She cried. A lot. This time I was able to tell her what we were doing and that she'd sit in a big girl chair and that Mrs Alex was super sweet and was going to do her hair. MUCH BETTER experience :-) Age helps a ton!
So, Rhyan didnt really smile during the process, but she was VERY good! Alex, on the other hand, smiled the whole time! How sweet is she?!

And Voila! The trimmed up "do". Its hard to tell in these pics but Alex layered it up a little bit. Her bangs are wavy and Alex said I need to let them grow out b/c they're just a little crazy to be short. So we'll work on that. :-)



Alex put her hair in little pig tails which were adorable! But true to Rhyan fashion, they were out before I even got in the car! The girl will NOT leave hair clips in! :-(


STOP! DO NOT LOOK AT THE NEXT PIC UNTIL YOU READ THIS!!!: When Jeff got home that afternoon, Rhyan was napping. I told him all about the haircut and how cute it was and how it brought out her curls and how its still a little "crazy" but a cute crazy. I also told him how Alex did it free of charge and how great she is for doing that. He wanted to be the one to get her up from nap so he could see her first (fine by me) so he went in and apparently found her like this. His first comment: "yeah, i sure am glad you didnt pay for that haircut!" HA! Check it out!
She slept pretty hard, apparently! HA! So tonight we took a few pics after her bath. Its kind of hard to see all the little curls (her hair was still damp and i didnt turn on the overhead light) but you get the idea that it's much better than the "post nap" pic :-)

So anyways, I think its just a fact of life that little Rhyan is going to have some crazy hair. So i'm grateful for Alex who I know will take good care of her. And how spoiled is Rhyan to be getting her hair cut at Salon 124 at two years old?!

No comments: