Wednesday, May 25, 2011

37 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 28lbs
My BP: 100/70
Baby Heart Rate: 145
Fundal Height: 40cm (3cm "big")
Estimated Baby Weight: 7.5lbs

1st off, I didnt have anything "checked" today. I forgot that Dr Pohl skips this week. According to him, if you havent had cervical changes on week 36, its unlikely to have any at week 37 if all else remains the same (bp, no protein in urine, etc...). So yay for not being violated!

He also said to keep in mind in regards to the baby's weight that the guesstimates can be off by up to a pound in either direction, but that they are usually pretty close. He's thinking about an 8.5lb baby will be delivered for us at week 39 due to induction. He doesnt really expect me to go into labor on my own. This, of course, makes Jeff happy since he's all about his "perfect attendance" at school this year and apparently refuses to miss a day, even for the birth of his child. GOOBER!

Ok, the 37 week pic. I know its a miracle to carry life and I really am grateful, but oh my... i will be so glad to be able to stand up straight again w/o a humongo belly. That junk hurts my back!
The only ?'s i had this week were:

1. Should I pre-register at the hospital?
- It wouldnt hurt! So I got the papers and sent them in today :-)

2. What are the rules for siblings visiting?
- Siblings are always allowed. The restrictions they have put on kids visiting in the past were more of a result of flu season, which we're not in right now, and specifically related to the H1N1 flu issues. They do still restrict kids who visit to being over 12 years old (with the exception of siblings) but honestly, i dont think that rule is strictly enforced. He just said that kids who visit (and really ANYONE who visits) needs to wash their hands before coming in the room since the baby's immune system is non-existent. Pretty much knew that, already :-)

I signed my consent forms at this visit. Basically, I may end up incontinent or die as a result of delivery. I told him i'm pretty sure i'm already on my way to incontinence and that i'm quite positive I'll die if i DONT get the baby out :-) So I signed the form and made 2 requests

1. Dont let me or the baby die :-) haha...
2. Keep me out of pain :-)

He said he'd do his best! hehe!

That was about it! Easy checkup! The baby continues to move ALOT! Jeff actually sat and kept his hand on my belly while he rolled and moved for a couple of minutes tonight. Mack was VERY active (a leg or arm, i think... on my left side... i think he's turned over. Still head down but i think the back/appendages are switching sides from time to time... makes me hopeful he wont have torticollis since he seems to have room to move!?!). That was pretty cool b/c he usually feels him for a second, responds with "Gross" and wont touch my belly again :-) Again, GOOBER!

I'd like to take a poll. What name do you prefer? Mckinnon or Mack? I find myself unsure of what to call him. I tend to like "Mckinnon" for an adult b/c it feels like a grown up name and "Mack" or "baby Mack" for him while he's a baby. But i dont want him to never be called Mckinnon, either?!

What do you think? (if you made it to the end of my long post and will take time to give your 2 cents, thats awesome! thanks!) OH, unless you dont like either name, in which you can NOT leave your 2 cents. :-P

Can you tell from the tone of this post that I'm getting EXCITED to meet this baby?! Giddy!

No comments: