He planted Rye grass in the winter to fertilize the soil and then it just dies off when you plow up the ground. We'll see how well that works for the plants this year. My uncle, Bobby, is the one who Jeff takes his P's and Q's from in regards to gardening and this was one of his suggestions. Bobby has a FABULOUS (yummy and beautiful) garden each year so we trust him :-)
This year Jeff planted yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers, okra and tomato's.
I dont know what this is :-) But whatever it is, its growing!
I think this is a tomato plant? I just know that we are OUT of the tomato's that I canned last season and w/o them we cant have veggie soup or chili! So i'm hoping we get a GOOD crop this year! I put up 16 quarts last year and plan to try for 25 this year.
Have any of you planted anything this year?!
No comments:
Post a Comment