I love being a Mom! I mean, sure, some days i want to pull my hair out....but I wouldnt trade it for the world. And having a day where I get to be a little spoiled makes me love motherhood even more :-). Plus, it gives me a chance to let my two Mom's and Mother in law know how much I appreciate all they do for us. Seriously, our Mom's are soooo good to us. Someone is always feeding us or watching Rhyan for us or doing something to make life a little easier. We're spoiled by our Moms so its a great time to let them know that all of their sweetness doesnt go unnoticed!
Saturday evening, Jeff and I treated Mommie and Mama to dinner. Their pick! So they chose longhorns. It was yummy. Rhyan wasnt in a very sweet mood which made me sad, but I guess she's just a moody girl who's entitled to not be nice sometimes just like we as adults do. But I still wish she would have been nicer. In her defense, she was/is teething (2 year molars are the DEVIL!) and had run a low grade fever all day. But overall, we enjoyed some yummmm food!






Then, Sunday morning I got up to find this sweet gift and card from Jeff! I dont really like to get flowers for special occasions b/c they're so expensive (especially on holidays!) and i'm cheap! hehe. So Jeff was brilliant in getting me this rose bush. I have one rosebush now that i ADORE and was so excited to get another one. Knockout roses are the BEST! The card was super sweet, too! He also made some cinnamon muffins which were delish!

That evening, we met up with his side of the family to celebrate. Last year, Jason and Liz invited all of us to the Kani House by the Mall of Ga and treated us to Japanese, hibachi style. That place is ridiculously good. So they invited us again this year, but Andy treated instead :-). All I know is that the food is insane (especially the pink sauce which i could basically take a bath in) so I'm just glad someone invited us! HA! It was really nice of Andy to treat us all, though. We had a great time and Rhyan did MUCH better this year than last. She was teething last year (does that EVER end?!) too and the fire scared her. So this year we asked for no big fire and she was much happier! Again, a little bit of a booger at dinner, but then I think some of that is just her age and the fact that she is testing every boundary we've ever given her. Sigh. But this too shall pass! Anyways, we had a fabulous time and it was nice to be taken out!




Rhyan is killing me with her "Smile" lately! HA! Like Shlaine says, its a good thing i'm a dental hygienist so I can make sure Rhyan's teeth always look good since EVERY tooth in her head shows when she smiles! hahah... but i love it!
So grateful for the Lord allowing me to be a mom to Rhyan and soon to Mack. And very grateful indeed for our Moms who give so much to make our lives so good. We love you, Moms!
No comments:
Post a Comment