Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jeff's pride and joy

You probably thought this post would be about Rhyan being Daddy's pride and joy... oh, no! His pride and joy is a 1993 craftsman lawnmower that was once owned by his grandfather, passed on to his dad and then to us a few years ago. It didnt cut level and was kind of rusted in some places. For a long time Jeff cut grass without the hood on and said it made it more aerodynamic (for all the mower racing he does, of course). He attached a cup holder on the left of the seat a few years back, but it broke (very sad). Back a couple of years ago, it was really bugging us both that it wouldnt cut evenly unless you were on completely level ground, so he added wheels to the deck and now it cuts like a dream.

This weekend, he decided that old faithful needed a facelift. So he painted it red. Even did a clear top coat. I'm pretty sure he painted right over the rust, so i dont know how "quality" of a job that it is... but its his pride and joy!

In other news, Rhyan turned one month old today! I cannot believe she's already been a part of our life for a month. And i cant believe how much I love her and want to protect her and give her only the very best. She's my little angel.

At her appointment we learned that she does have a little bit of tightening of her neck muscle from always turning to the right (she favors that side which concerned me for head shaping reasons) so we now have exercises to do at every diaper change and we have to put all interesting things on her left to encourage her to turn that way. She's already doing great. The dr said that recognizing the condition is the majority of the battle and was very impressed that we had paid attention to it. That was a nice confidence builder from the Dr and I appreciated it. All new mom's need confidence boosts now and again, youknow. Anyways, she's grown to 9lbs and 6ounces and is now 21 and a quarter inches (both in the 50's precentile). Things are good.

First evening out tomorrow. Stay tuned to see if I make it through a date w/ daddy w/o calling my in-laws to check on her. I highly doubt it. :-)

3 comments:

morgan collins said...

that is one nice lookin' mower you got there.

lindsay said...

Good job Jeff! How did the date go? Sorry I didn't come by this week...I'll make it up to you. I found that feeding paperwork:)

lindsay said...

...and, Rhyan is officially up to Emory's birth weight:) Thank you Jesus for C-sections. I never have to do that again!