Friday, May 8, 2009

Discipline

James Dobson w/ focus on the family says that if you wait until your newborn is 2 weeks old to start working on discipline (scheduling your baby to work around your life) that your baby is 2 weeks behind. This has been the bane of my existence for 9 days now... getting Rhyan on some sort of a schedule. I need a plan, and the confidence to stick with it.

Rhyan is a beautiful baby... with a healthy set of lungs. I had said last week that we giggle when she cries b/c she almost never does... well, scrap that statement. Apparently, she just hadn't "woken up" yet. Now, in the evenings she gets pretty fussy and we just dont know what to do for her. We get her to sleep, and when you put her down she cries. Pick her up and she's consoled for a few minutes, then she cries for a minute more, then is fine for a few minutes again... so the cycle continues. In the morning she sleeps a good bit between feedings, but come evening time, she's a little booger!

So I am not only open to suggestions, but am begging that you take the time to write as much as you want and give us some advice on what has worked for all of you. One big issue for me is that i LIVE on a schedule... its the nature of my job that lends me to desire this, i think. And while i know that babies dont work that way, it'd be nice to have some consistency. And i do understand that she's only 9 days old... but i want to be working in the right direction. So please, HELP!

And i promise that if yall give me some good advice, i'll have more time to post more pics... which we already have over 100 of. HA! :-) She really has stolen my heart :-) And Jeffs. I watched tonight as he rocked her to sleep for the first time. SO sweet. He's really doing great with her and she's getting used to her Daddy. Whats really cute is when she tries to "root" on him to get fed... and he puts her paci right at his chest and says he's faking her out. Too cute.

Ok, get to posting some great advice.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I know nothing about this sort of thing yet Kelly. So Sorry I can't help. But hang in there!!! I'm praying for you!

Nana Julie said...

Kelly & Jeff, she is beautiful! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Enjoy every minute of it.