I seriously cannot believe that Rhyan is almost a month old. I cant believe I've already been off of work for a month. I cant believe some women have to go back after 6! I'm taking 11, and seriously considering asking to just make it 12 (jk, sorta).
Some likes and dislikes of Rhyan's: Rhyan loves to be held. She loves the fan (gotta giggle about this, Donna... see the pic below). She loves her bassinet in her pack and play and her swing. She does not love the papasan seat unless she's really awake. I guess it sits her up too far if she's sleepy, it doesnt make for a comfortable nap position. She's getting use to, but still not loving her nightly bath. And she doesnt like to take her afternoon naps. In the morning she naps like a champ, but then wants to stay up all afternoon. I mean, from noonish till 6ish... that makes for a cranky baby. You can tell that she's SO tired and she'll doze in and out, but fights sleep like crazy! And she likes her daddy to rock her (he's the only one that can get her to sleep sometimes) and for him to dance w/ her (I saw him holding her and dancing to "thriller" last week... she was loving it... and i about peed myself cause its just so funny the things we resort to for our kid!). And she likes for me, or anyone else, to sing to her.
I've tried a couple of outings lately and have come to one conclusion: its not worth it to mess w/ her eating schedule. So in the future (for as long as i nurse her), i guess i'll live life in 3 hour increments and only run errands that i can get done in that amount of time. OR, i'll be nursing her in the car in a parking lot. But when we get off her eating schedule, it gets UGLY! On the upside, she is doing better at sleeping longer at night. A few nights we've gotten 6 hours between feedings! It usually varies between 4-5 hours, but the nights when she goes 6, i have a party the next morning to celebrate !!!!
SEVERAL attempts at a good pic on our 1st Sunday at church




My sleepy family... why am I the only one awake???
Admiring the fan
AT 3am... she was just so cute!
4 comments:
she's beautiful!
and I think you should just get yourself a hooter hider and run errands all you want:)
I totally remember the days of revolving my outings around Micah's tummy. He was fed more in the car than he was at home, on some days :) I found that Micah had a Love for Puffs, you'll discover them soon enough too....I carried them EVERYWHERE we went. They are one of the Best things Ever invented!
yall are doing great! you just took me back to memories of nursing in the mall parking lot (some malls don't have good nursing rooms... Discover Mills) others are great (Norstrom at Mall of GA). And trying to do it in the backseat of a car in the summer is no fun!
It's hard to get the hang of it, but it flies by!!! Believe me!!!
love her church dress! haha! glad u have a ceiling fan lover too!
Post a Comment