It really stinks to care about something that is out of your control. Really, its no fun at all.
In other news, I'm working on weaning Miss Rhyan to only nursing at night and in the morning. I've decided that I will enjoy life, and her, more if I do so. AND, this way Daddy gets to do some late night feedings... hehe... see, he'll be off work in a week and a half and its time to start sharing the night's equally :-) She just doesnt latch really well which affects my milk production (or lack there of). I've tried herbs and drinking more water and nursing more often. I finally resorted to taking reglan, which increases prolactin (the hormone you release while nursing... remember, that pesky hormone that makes you super sleepy while you nurse...) and I cant stay awake on it. So I'm done stressing about it. Well, i wish that were true. I do feel awful, but I just cant let this consume me anymore. I've given her a month of breast only and now its time to move on.
And I'm considering leaving her w/ a family member next weekend for a date night w/ Jeff. The thought petrifies me, but I know its necessary. And healthy. So lets hope that goes well.
Well, check out the post below. And i caught her smiling (dreaming of never ending milk supply, i'm sure) today and actually got a pic that i'll post tomorrow. Its presh.
2 comments:
And so begins the "Mommy Guilt." She'll be just fine & so will you. No worries.
you're a FANTASTIC mom! don't u worry. one month is great! can't wait to see the smiley pic.
Post a Comment