Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day and beyond

The last 2 weeks have been crazy! I never knew how much a baby would change my life in particular. Jeff still goes to work and has some sort of "normalcy"... but I've NEVER been at home this much in my life!! I wouldnt trade it for the world, but cleaning teeth is so much easier!
We've been trying to get Rhyan back up to birth weight since she lost 9 oz in the first 2 days and as of today she's at 7lbs 15 oz... 2 oz above birth weight. YAY!!! Her tongue was tied and they had to clip the little frenum under her tongue so she could properly latch on. Having said that, because of the delay in latching, i've not been producing as much milk as we'd like. I started taking some nasty herb yesterday called fenugreek to help increase my supply. In the meantime, we've supplemented some, and i have to say, its tempting to want to just switch on over to formula. She sleeps longer and better b/c it takes longer to digest and I'll admit that I covet the sleep. But for now, we're gonna keep on keeping on cause thats what Joe Dirt would do. Life's a garden, dig it?!

Mothers day was uneventful. She was up most of the night Saturday night. Jeff said he rocked her for close to an hour and had dozed off. When he woke up he thought that certainly she'd dozed as well, but when he looked down her 2 little eyes were wide open and peering up at him like "oh, goody! you're awake now, too, Daddy!". TOO CUTE! (b/c i was sleeping while this was going on... i LOVE weekends cause he helps at night!) So we didnt go to church like we'd planned b/c we were like zombies :-)
Anyways, I know no one checks this thing to read all about our lives. So on to the good stuff. Pics.

Her best imitation of spud begging
Trying to get her to burp!
Chillin w/ her (very handsome) DaddyLooking Cute as ever!
Spud has found good use for the boppy pillow, too!
Right after a bath... see, the hair can be tamed (for a brief moment)

Very awake and showing Daddy her sleeper
Mothers day

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Aww you look great! Think of the money you will save if you dont use formula all the time! :)

Olivia said...

Ridiculously Sweet! Love y'all!

Rando and Amanda said...

Oh my! I can totally relate! 1. Going to all formula is so tempting (until I remember the $$$$). 2. Our dog enjoys the Boppy infant pillow. 3. About the only time Ryleigh's hair is tame is right after her bath. 4. Staying home all day w/ babies is extremely hard. I love the sound of the garage door going up and daddt walking in the door!!!!

Rhyan is precious!!!

Allison Wolfe said...

She is just precious, and I love how Spud has taken over the boppy. I have a feeling that Otis will be trying to hog all the baby stuff as much as possible.